Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

COVID 19 jab

Options

Comments

• Keeping_positive1
    Keeping_positive1 Member Posts: 555
    Options
    @June1952 you are a good friend!  I live on my own and it was so isolating last year when we (Melbourne) went into lockdown for what seemed like forever.  
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    I really feel for you Vics - you've had the worst of it.  The main testing facility in Adelaide has been mostly empty for weeks - I saw the speed limit signs going up on Wednesday afternoon so they must have known what was about to happen with returning footy fans.  Apparently by Wednesday evening the cars were lined up down the road and way past the Britannia Roundabout.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    It's a worry for sure!
    It will be interesting to see figures this morning
    Newspaper is reporting in excess of 120 exposure sites, that will equate to a lot of people!
    Testing clinics swamped,  in excess of 2 hour wait as they open
    Mass exodus of cars and caravans trying to beat time limits interstate.  Moama is very busy!
    Elective surgeries cancelled 
    Goodness and yes toilet paper limits are back.......
    Luckily we are experienced at this!

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,588
    Options
    oh dear ... Let's hope the early lockdown etc puts a lid on it .... and that everyone follows the advice given!

Take care everyone, everywhere!
  • Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    Options
    Fingers crossed that this lockdown is only a brief one. My husband and I had the AZ vaccine this week. Side effects were mild and only lasted 24 hours or so. I cannot see another way out of this, other than vaccination. Thinking of those in lockdown this time and hoping it works quickly. Take care. xxx
  • iserbrown
    Options
    Pin on COVID 19 Humor
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,831
    Options
    LOVE IT @iserbrown
    Our 2 inside cats would be the same - they are even better than the dog for alerting me to anything strange around.
    I am pretty flat today with the lockdown and cold weather so that one made me laugh.
    Yes, today there was no toilet paper, lettuce, green vegies, rice, UHT milk ......
  • iserbrown
    Options
    Glad it cheered you up!
    Being in lockdown in cold weather isn't the best combo!
    Got to Bakers Delight around 10.30 and they were running low 
    Weird that shops staying open are being over run
    Did you see the Mark Knight cartoon in the Herald Sun - what a cracker!
    Take care

• arpie
    edited June 2021
    Options
    It is now a Bigger lockdown in NSW now - Greater Sydney (tho I reckon it should be ALL of Sydney) ..... including Central Coast & Wollongong too now and Blue Mountains ..... and sadly, it will get worse again, before it gets better.  :(  

They really should have tightened the rules up at least a week ago .... as it is now school holidays and tens of thousands of 'previously unaffected' people have spread around the state - and would have had to stay at home if they'd brought the new restrictions in last week before the hols started (which would have been the sensible thing to do, in my humble opinion!)

I had my flu shot 4 weeks ago & was recommended to wait 4 weeks before the covid shot - so I've just had my first covid shot this morning .... I didn't feel the needle, and there has been no side effects so far .... tho it is just feeling a little tender now, 8hrs later .....  
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    Congratulations on getting your flu shot @arpie, it’s the only way. I had my second one last Tuesday and no side effects at all, a slightly sore arm and a bit lethargic for a day or so after the first one. Gladys B has demonstrated an admirable intention to be consistent in her approach (irrespective of whether you think it’s the right way or not) but I think many are relieved that a lockdown is now in place. Let’s hope it can be a short one. 
  • Michelle_R
    Michelle_R Member Posts: 901
    Options
    Once again family have cancelled their plans to come north from Sydney.  It's been over a year now - almost two.  Like @Afraser, I had the covid jab with no ill effects whatsoever and have the second in 2 weeks time.  My GP recommended having the flu shot first, then waiting 2 weeks before Astra Zeneca.
    I agree with @arpie about the holidays!  Hope you continue to have no side effects - frankly the flu jab made me more tired then the AZ!

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,377
    Options
    I had the Pfizer yesterday. My 60th birthday is looming so I had a short window to make a decision on whether I would get the jab or not. As I have three friends who are immuno compromised, I went with the jab so that I could safely visit them in the future. My elbow ached on the side of the jab. Weird. Slight nausea. Light headed. Jab site hurts. A little tired. The second jab of Pfizer is worse than the first but I did okay with this first one. Second one scheduled 3rd August. I was sitting on the fence with the decision to have the jabor not, so I definitely understand everyones reasoning here one way or the other. Mine decision to go ahead was solely based on my immuno compromised friends.
  • arpie
    Options
    My arm just felt sore from the next day (and is still a little tender just now ...) and I DID have the 'shivers & shakes' for about 5 mins later in the evening ..... I just suddenly felt extremely cold & had to put on my down jacket to regulate my body temperature (whilst almost sitting on top of the heater as well!). All good now tho.

It is just the right thing to do.  Once the majority of the country is fully vaccinated, we'll be able to start breathing normally again!
  • BlackWidow
    BlackWidow Member Posts: 268
    Options
    Over 60 so got the AZ jab but now see a man in my age group got the blood clots - who makes these age limits ?????
    Does COVID respect the ages the authorities are quoting ?  Can I now have Pfizer as my 2nd jab ??????????
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,831
    Options
    I agree @BlackWidow.  As you know, my first AZ jab gave me a heart rate that night of 111 beats per minute so I am reluctant to go back for the 2nd shot. 
    As you question, does the covid respect these age rules
    How do we go about making sure we are safe when our GP refuses to sign off on the Pfizer ?
    Does anyone else agree with this uncertainty ?