Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

COVID 19 jab

Options

Comments

• Stork
    Stork Member Posts: 121
    Options
    Had my 2nd AV jab yesterday the only side effect is a sore arm where the needle was inserted same problem last time
    Stork
  • Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 925
    Options
    Had my 1st fzifer jab in Sunday.   Was so nervous.  Had a sore arm at injection site for 2 days but other than that ok.   
  • Keeping_positive1
    Keeping_positive1 Member Posts: 555
    edited August 2021
    Options
    @June1952 so glad to hear your second jab was mostly uneventful for you.  I am due to have my second dose of AZ in early September, can't wait to be fully vaccinated as it seems to be our way out to freedom.  

@Locksley it seems to be our way out to freedom, and most of us have felt nervous, because of the fearmongering that has been going on.  

@Stork so pleased for you, I will be pleased when I am fully vaccinated also.

• June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,834
    Options
    @Keeping_positive1, Yes, when we see or hear of people who have caught the covid and been very ill or have died it seems we all need to do out best to be protected from serious illness at the very least.  Good luck for your second jab, and stay safe in the meantime.
    Strangely, my arm has not been sore either time, must be the way the nurse does it.
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Had my second Pfizer last night. My whole arm feels like it has been run over by a steam roller and it is amazing to see my body's natural reaction to this. When I get up from relaxing my arm automatically cuddles in to my torso and is very hard to shift. Just protecting itself obviously.
  • StrongCoffee
    StrongCoffee Member Posts: 128
    Options
    @June1952 that's awesome that doze 2 of AZ only gave you mild side effects. Makes me feel a bit better about my mum going in next week. I'd guess by your username that she's about a year older than you.

I finally booked for my pfizer as our local GP is doing them now. Nearly 3 weeks wait still, but I booked last week and DH checked yesterday and there's now a 5 week wait for new appointments. I wanted to wait as long as I could, but it's just gotten to the point where it's clear (to me at least) that the risk of actually catching covid is going to keep increasing.
  • June1952
    Options
    Hi @StrongCoffee - is your Mum 53 ?  😂😂😂😂

I think many people are now thinking it is best to at least get a jab of some kind, whatever they can get.  This thing is not going away and we all need to protect ourselves as best we can.  We preferred the Pfizer but it was not to be, at least in a week or so we will be as protected as can be.  Even the Pfizer has some risks.

All the best.
  • StrongCoffee
    Options
    Thankfully my mum seems to have not had much reaction to the 2nd AZ dose.

I'm getting my first pfizer tomorrow - cancellation appointment, I was booked for next week!
  • Halla
    Halla Member Posts: 185
    Options
    Had my second jab of Astra a week ago - no side effects whatsoever - except a sense of relief!
  • June1952
    Options
    Hi @StrongCoffee.  Glad your Mum has gone along OK.  You will be happy to get your 2nd shot done and feel safer, too.
  • StrongCoffee
    Options
    I know. Thankfully I had my 2nd appt booked in before the new 6 week guideline came in. Since this appointment was a cancellation, 1 week earlier than my original appt, I'll still have a 4 week gap. But better than 6.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    https://www.abc.net.au/radio/adelaide/programs/breakfast/wiggles-covid/13507090

Did you see this article this morning?  It's in our mainstream newspapers and just a great outcome 
  • June1952
    Options
    **** UPDATE ****

We had our booster shots yesterday morning and after having the first 2 of Astra Zeneca we were given Pfizer.  I can hardly feel any soreness in my arm but have had a slight headache.  I slept well, no heart issues, and even slept on the injection side.
    How are others getting on ?
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,379
    Options
    Moderna booster two months ago resulted in a slightly sore arm for a day. Nothing else. 
  • Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,289
    Options
    Had my booster Pfizer shot in late November and was sick with fever  aches and pains plus a headache for 2 days. My husband had his Pfizer booster yesterday and had had no reaction at all. We both had AZ for shots 1 and 2. Just goes to show we are definitely all different just like out bc is all different too.