Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

COVID 19 jab

Comments

• StarGirl
    StarGirl Member Posts: 135
    @Sister I had the AZ back in March (I’m in my 40s). No side effects whatsoever so don’t worry too much. All the best 😊
  • Stork
    Stork Member Posts: 121
    I had my AZ jab 10 days ago the only side effect is a sore arm still there 
    My 92 old mother in a nursing home had her 2nd jab today Pfiser
  • Kiki_Dances60
    Kiki_Dances60 Member Posts: 40
    I had first AZ jab 3 weeks ago. I was fine until 10:30 pm when I got cold shivers. Next day pretty crook in bed with cold shivers, four days of exhaustion afterwards. Arm was sore for a couple of weeks. This week I had my flu shot and that jab has woken me with very painful arm each night since (so I’ve two sore arms🙃) and a lingering, gentle headache.
    For what it’s worth, @FLClover, I’d recommend vaccination against COVID-19. I have lots of allergies/severe reactions (to opiates, GA, codeine and - since chemo -dexamethasone), and am very wary of taking anything. BC forced me to do chemo, an op (Anaesthetist gave me non-GA alternative for op), radiation and now endocrine therapy. 
    I had my first flu jab (ever) last year so I could visit my 88 y.o. Mum (rules of where she lives). I agree with whoever said that about having got cancer, one feels one is already in the unlucky minority, so best not to chance it with Covid-19 or flu.

On a slightly different note, since SARS, Hong Kong people don a mask if they are unwell and must go out - for the good of their community. Why can’t Australians behave like that? 

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    We are all entitled to opinions, but entitlement doesn’t make them fact. I find it hard to understand how anyone could see what is happening in India and Brazil and be so carefree. But 
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,513
    The things I’ve stated here are facts. I’ve done research to make sure they are. And I recently watched a very interesting video by a highly respected Indian woman, I forgot her name, who explains what’s really happening in India and why certain people want their hands on it. I also have friends and ex’s family in Brazil, so I’m aware of what’s really happening there too. The mainstream media is not facts, it’s attempted manipulation on a grand scale on the mass population. 
  • Lisa1407
    Lisa1407 Member Posts: 258
    All drugs and vaccines are given with the knowledge that you may get side effects (and don't us cancer gals know this only too well) including some that may result in death in certain people.  The first time you get a flue vaccine you may get fevers and chills (with it being less likely in subsequent years). So, the COVID vaccine is no different. Everyone can make up their own mind as to whether they have it or not, but it is disappointing when non factual information is circulated. Just because you read something on a facebook page or see it in a video does not make it factual! The COVID vaccines have all been through rigorous trialing (in animals that didn't all drop dead and humans) and have passed the standards that the FDA and our own TGA insist on for all drugs and vaccines.
  • Julez1958
    Julez1958 Member Posts: 1,101
    I had the astra Zeneca shot because my GP recommended I get it and I trust her.
    Same with my 86 year old mother and my husband.They took the advice of their GPs ( who are different to mine) .
    all of our GPs have had the astra Zeneca shot.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion and of course no one can be forced to be vaccinated in a democratic society such as hours but it is only because our state and federal governments have listened to the medical advice that we are in the Covid free position we are in.
    As to the internet , someone once said “ the internet is like a library with no librarian”.

• Caz1
    Caz1 Member Posts: 382
    @Lisa1407 thankyou for your wise words 

@Sister, I hear ya, I’ve been through enough with BC too. Anything that might stop me getting sick gets a thumbs up from me  ;)
  • Keeping_positive1
    Keeping_positive1 Member Posts: 555
    I would prefer if we had a choice of vaccines, and not have the only available one that is being produced using an aborted human fetus! 
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,513
    The only reason I commented again on this thread is because I was tagged. The lady that tagged me had genuinely good intentions. However, some other comments made imply that people who refuse vaccines are selfish and uncaring. This is not true, so I wanted to share why. 
    Information I share is factual. The sources are credible. They are not all from Facebook and videos, although as popular platforms I don’t see how this is a problem. This forum is also on the internet. 

“...and that for each of us our own perception is our own truth” quoted from @AllyJay. Yes, I totally agree with this. This is my perception and my truth, so I will not get vaccinated. This doesn’t make me naive and selfish. 
    If you ladies want to get vaccinated, I’m perfectly fine with that. You do what you see best for yourselves. I have no problem with that whatsoever. People have the right over their own bodies, noone else. And I do wish you all good health, very sincerely. 
    And as I said previously, I’m on this forum for breast cancer related issues, so will once again avoid this thread. 
  • Keeping_positive1
    Keeping_positive1 Member Posts: 555
    edited May 2021
    I prefer to know the source of what I am putting into my body, so please don't judge me if I decline the AZ as that is not a product that I can in clear conscience put into my body as we have alternatives, but just not in Australia at this point in time.  Some countries have dropped the AZ and for good reason! There are alternatives and with better efficacy rates, but AZ is now produced in Australia, so I guess that is $$$ for big pharma here.

We all have our own reasons for declining the jab at this point in time, or to never have the vaccine.

We must be mindful to not judge people if they choose not to have the vaccine at any point in time.  

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    COVID scare here in Victoria!
    It's a worry!  Our friends daughter works at Highpoint but fortunately last Thursday, the day under scrutiny,  was her day off!  
    Highlights how vulnerable we are!

Yesterday me and one other wore a mask during my half hour trip to local shopping centre.   Wonder if that ratio will change!

Me, I went to my first attendance meeting since COVID and in the group one had a head cold and one other was getting over it.  The heating was turned off when it was realised the colds in the room. Three days later I had a head cold, fortunately it was nasal only and stayed for 7 days.  Hence wearing a mask.  Don't want to walk into someone else's sneeze or whatever!  
    Always washing hands!
    Take care