Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

COVID 19 jab

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,831
    Options
    Good news @Afraser.  Oh @Cath62 you did have a bad time of it.  My headache could also be the hot weather suddenly thrust upon us by the weather gods - 31 expected today.  Oh well, at least my washing will dry.  😀  Hubby had no effects at all, from any of the shots.  At least we are all as protected as can be.  The nurse said to relax the shoulder and neither of us really felt it go in.  I wonder when we will have to front up for the 4th time ....
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    At least we’ve got ours. My daughter had to shop around to get a date reasonably soon, but now may miss out as she may have COVID. Five days now and no test result (PCR, no RATs to be found for love or money). Just hoping the test is not out of date and she has to go through it all again, with isolation starting again! 
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,831
    Options
    As soon as we heard they'd changed the rule to 5 months instead of 6 I booked online at the same pharmacy for an appointment after our 5 months.  Then they announced the 4 months (!!!) so I had a look and the wait was several weeks.  Goodness knows how long for people now.
    No RAT tests around here at all and the nursing home (re B-I-L) are waiting a long time for resident results due to staff being identified as having it.
    Is your daughter very unwell ?
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    @June1952
    Thank you, she had one lousy day but is much improved, partner and six year old have had symptoms too, four year old seems to be fine!! All isolating. But she’d like to know for sure! 
  • Julez1958
    Julez1958 Member Posts: 1,125
    Options
    Hi there
    i had my booster shot yesterday , it was Pfizer and I had AZ for the first two shots.
    So far the arm I got the shot in is very sore but that is it.
    For those in Sydney you can get straight in with an online booking at the Sydney Olympic Park hub, I couldn’t get an appointment with my GP for the shot until February and with so many people I know catching it I wanted to be protected. The operation there was very efficient and it was an experienced nurse who gave me my shot.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,586
    Options
    Hubby & I both had ours before Xmas ... both just had a sore arm - most places here are booked out, being rural ....

There are many cases in the Mid North Coast area now ... hearing of more & more locally as well  :(  They really dropped the ball after Gladys resigned - and we are paying for it now.  :(    We are doing our best to stay away from people, specially my hubby, who is on chemo.
  • Julez1958
    Options
    Yes and you can’t get a RAT for love or money - lots of people are just staying home but a lot of essential workers don’t have that option so I feel especially sorry for them .

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,586
    Options
    The really scary thing is that people aren't doing the swab 'properly' even when they DO get the RATs!  So there may well be many infectious people out there, spreading it further.  Doing it too far up the nose is as bad as not doing it far enough up!  :( 

Dr Eric Levi shows you how!

https://www.trendsmap.com/twitter/tweet/1477057391212449793

• cranky_granny
    cranky_granny Member Posts: 703
    Options
    My oncologist is sending my GP a letter to tell him I’m to have the 3rd and 4th shot at the appropriate timing. I’m to have it in my week off Ibrance hopefully he has it in by then next  break is in the week 7th to 13th Feb   If none in then It will be even longer wait. Hopefully he will put sone aside for me
    Its great they keep telling us to get our boosters but its so hard when your restricted to certain dates 
  • Halla
    Halla Member Posts: 185
    Options
    Hieee, I had my 3rd shot back in October - Pfizer, after 2x Astra. Just a little bit of a sore arm. My first Astra knocked me out for 24 hours but the last 2 shots no problem. 

I’m having my fourth on Tuesday. I will report. Has anyone else had their fourth yet? Being second Pfizer I wonder if there will be side effects.

Now in Melbourne we know dozens of people who have caught it, all from their teenage children. My step sons had it - the 17 year old gave it to his 20 yo brother.  But their mother and her partner didn’t catch it from them even though they all live together. 

The younger one had a cough and was tired for a few days. The older one was in bed for two weeks, but they are both recovered now.
  • Julez1958
    Options
    Hi there
    I have only just had my third shot ( Pfizer booster after 2 X AZ).
    I had a sore arm that’s all.
    On the topic of  people  catching Covid , my 27 year old niece woke up with symptoms the day after she was at my place for dinner and tested positive on a RAT then PCR test.
    She was double vaxxed and has no idea how she caught it.
    Myself, husband and her boyfriend never caught it.We were all double vaxxed at that point.
    So the vaxx helped us avoid it but hers didn’t.
  • Keeping_positive1
    Keeping_positive1 Member Posts: 555
    Options
    @Julez1958 sometimes there is a breakthrough and then we can still get the virus.  However all in all, good to be as protected as we can be. Take care. 
  • noosa_blue150
    noosa_blue150 Member Posts: 211
    Options
    Hi halla - I’m seeing my oncologist next week so I’ll be checking in re 4th shot/booster .I’ll,be lining up,ASAP once she gives me the go ahead 
  • Halla
    Halla Member Posts: 185
    Options
    I had my fourth yesterday! Bit of a sore arm but nothing else to complain of 👏🏻👏🏻. Doctor said some people are getting a few side effects with their second Pfizer as fourth dose but not bad.
  • noosa_blue150
    noosa_blue150 Member Posts: 211
    Options
    I had my fourth shot four days ago (moderna) -previously had AZ x2 ( slight headache which went after a Panadol) and Pfizer x 1 . Have to admit woke the next day with very sore lump on arm and didn’t feel at all well (felt “fluey” , wasn’t covid as had to have a RAT later that day pre entry to a nursing home and it was negative ) BUT  took it easy. Fine the next day .