How to prioritise self care?

Options

Comments

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,374
    Options
    For some strange reason, I can't 'like' a comment, keep getting an error message, perhaps I need to do something @BCNA?

So well done @kmakm! Starting is the key to almost everything. 
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    small steps @kmakm
    lead you forward   

• Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    Well done @kmakm @SoldierCrab is right small steps .The occasional tumble happens but up we get again - that’s very much life.
  • Patti J
    Patti J Member, Dragonfly Posts: 589
    Options
    I have just done a cooking class with a Masterchef winner. Experiences are what I  am into at the moment. 
  • kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    Options
    What were you cooking @Patti J .    Wish I could say the same about experiences I just find motivation took a big back seat.  Need to find my Mojo again.
  • Patti J
    Patti J Member, Dragonfly Posts: 589
    Options
    @kitkatb. We made scones and sausage rolls for a high tea. The instructor demonstrated how to make dainty little sandwiches. We then iced cupcakes that she had made previously. 
    The class was a Christmas present.
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,379
    Options
    I found a great class near Daylesford for making sourdough traditional. I was already to sign up until I saw the price. I will stick to buying it instead.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @kitkatb The barest flicker of motivation here. I am a bees dick away from just lying in bed all day for the rest of my life. I forced myself to go today because I recognise the power of habit, and habits have to start somewhere.

My mojo is a tiny spark of which I only occasionally catch sight.

As time rolls on I am beginning to think my depression is in large part continuing because of the Letrozole. Despite anti-depressants and therapy it continues. A listed side effect, it's the first one that is truly challenging my determination to take it.
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Options
    Hi @Afraser
    Not sure why that is the case.  Maybe log off and log back into the online community and see if its working again
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Options
    @Giovanna_BCNA I just received notification of yours for this thread too, so I'm still receiving them. Thanks
  • kitkatb
    Options
    @kmakm agree with you there.    I am due to start back to work slowly in the next couple of weeks so will be interesting if it changes my outlook in any way at all. xo
  • kmakm
    Options
    @kitkatb I am envious that you have part time work to do. The structure and job satisfaction may very well help you to feel better. 
  • kitkatb
    Options
    I'm hoping so @kmakm will let you know how it goes.  
  • kmakm
    Options
    @kitkatb Big hug my far away friend. Best of luck, K xox