How to prioritise self care?

Options

Comments

• kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    Options
    @Sister  Hubby got bitten by a large centipede in the never never regions.  Oh my god did he howl.  Very painful.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    OMG! @kitkatb the thought of that is making me howl!
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited February 2019
    Options
    If you'd asked me when I started this thread what the off topic tangent would be, never in a million years would I have guessed centipedes! Love it! Keep it up you guys! :D<3
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Afraser Love it!
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    See @kmakm - you're laughing.  Self-care 101.
  • kmakm
    Options
    Thank you @SoldierCrab. I like both of those, especially the first one. K xox
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    That is exactly why I will not watch news on TV unless it's about an important cyclone message, then I have to. All the killing, drugs, violence, politics. No thanks!
  • kmakm
    Options
    What do you mean @Brenda5?!
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I get that @Brenda5

While I'm not totally without empathy, I've reached the point that being constantly bombarded by bad news and stories that suggest humanity is doomed does my head in. I look at the news online so I have a broad idea of what is going on, but I don't need to know all the gruesome details. If it doesn't affect me directly, I really don't want to know.
    I used to get really wound up about politics and people doing shitty things and maybe I might reinvolve myself at some point in the future. For now, Im sticking my head in the sand. Mxx
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,371
    Options
    It's possibly a good idea even if you do get wound up in politics! I normally get pretty involved in the doings of the world but lately the degree of the inexplicably bizarre or unspeakably bad is getting too great. 
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Agree!
    I love to catch up on daily events however sometimes I feel that a headline story, that the media decides we all need to know over and over, dominates.  Other stories are missed by me and possibly the media, as all the time is spent constantly repeating the headline story of the day.  
    Media don't seem to follow up on some stories and just move to the next headline and bang it at us again!

It does my head in!

• Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    Oh dear - have just discovered this thread as have been distracted by my own domestic turmoil.Wished I’d found it earlier- being 65 with twin 18 year old boys (yep menopause twins) has been hard this past year and  my friends  tend to be well past this stage into grand parenthood .It has been so helpful to know it’s not just me.