tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Options
    @Flaneuse just saw this clip, so lovely  Fran 
    Buckets of tears !!!
    @sister what a year hey ! Enjoy this Christmas xx
  • Janet A
    Janet A Member Posts: 281
    Options
    @Zoffiel consider myself a grinch too! I can't see why we give up on the environment and smash out as much rubbish as we can ending up in landfill. Eat as much food as one can stuff! 
    I will be visiting my fellow artist friend, 85 yr young for breakfast as my shift working husband will be working til 6.30pm tomorrow. 
    @TeePee don't despair, I started chemo on December 18, 2014 because there was a cancellation thinking let's get this over with rather than waiting! All the very best, and wonderful for your 16 year old daughter, bet she's excited! 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Present wrapping done, food bought, kids finishing the housework.  Off to the local pool later today and to the library to stock up for the break.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,586
    Options
    Yep - Presents wrapped, food bought, Yummy Chicken Roast tonight to go with ham & goodies for picnic by the water tomorrow - perchance to catch some fish as well!  ;)   (Tho looks like it may be too windy to get on the water unless things change overnight   :(  )

Have a good one peoples xxxx  Stay safe

Have a good one, @Janet A  ..... I used to always work Xmas & the Public Hols when I worked at a large Sydney hospital ..... we were able to spread good cheer to those who weren't able to go home for Xmas ..... and yes, those who were able - DID get the turkey & ham on Xmas day for lunch, with plum pudding for dessert!

• Patti J
    Patti J Member, Dragonfly Posts: 589
    edited December 2018
    Options
    At the hospital where I  worked on Christmas Day @arpie, the free Christmas lunch was only fit for a dog. I could never face it. It was disgusting. Imagine ham and another meat soaking in liquid to keep it warm. 
    I always took lunch from home.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,586
    Options
    Nup @Patti J - at North Shore, it was a real treat for patients on Xmas Day (and the staff bought the same meals at the cafeteria.)  The meals on the whole (for the rest of the year) were also excellent - actually cooked on the premises, 'cold plated' and reheated on the wards (not like these days where they are brought in from 'outside'!)

I actually had something to do with changing the 'light diet' from Brains in white sauce and other slop, to chicken with asparagus & a couple of other nicer offerings (back in the 80s!)  There was no point cooking crap food that no-one ate (everyone chose the sandwiches!) and was just thrown out - much better doing more modern meals, that patients would actually eat (and enjoy!)
  • Patti J
    Patti J Member, Dragonfly Posts: 589
    Options
    Lucky patients and staff. 
  • Annski
    Annski Member Posts: 112
    Options
    How absolutely wonderful. I can't tell you what a great image that is. You both look so free and happy. Hope the days to come are just as great. Happy New Year to you, and thanks for your great contribution to this "place".
  • Beryl C.
    Beryl C. Member Posts: 270
    Options
    Did the gilgaes/kunaks tickle your toes? Memories of childhood. Thanks for posting such a beautiful image. xBeryl
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    @Zoffiel
    oh to have joined you today !!! 
    hot here and constant from breakfast until now silent is golden at times.... 

• Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    Oh @Zoffiel I ADORE those sorts of places. Gorgeous. Reminds me of my childhood too. 
    Am home from "family duties" and now relaxing with a large G&T.
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    @Beryl C. I keep my feet floating so they don't nibble on me! The Chickie is also unimpressed when they find her; I wish I had captured the moment when their nippers disturb her meditations :)