This Christmas I will be.......

Comments

• Sarnicad
    Sarnicad Member Posts: 318
    For Christmas I will be down by the beach with just hubby and the kids. Close to where my mum lives but at the moment she is in hospital and we are unsure as to whether she will be home by then. You all sound way more organised for Xmas lunch than I am to be honest I haven’t even thought about it yet. Only focusing on getting to Xmas and seeing the beach. 

Parking wise for chemo we were given parking vouchers and for radiation I have a pass so both have been free unless hubby chose to park on street
  • LucyDee
    LucyDee Member Posts: 107
    Exactly @AllyJay.... my childhood memories were of squabbling parents driving to the Southern Highlands to visit relatives. Then awkward silence between them during Christmas Lunch so no one else would know they were squabbling - as if the adults were all stupid. Fake gratitude for presents not wanted let alone needed.

At least the food was yum and I always got the threepence so that was my highlight lol

Then the drive home where my parents continued to squabble.

Seriously, who would bother....

Once I was old enough I chose to opt-out. They could be miserable on their time not mine.

My pooches are much better company :)
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    @AllyJay You go girl! Scrooge it all the way!
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    As I recall, Scrooge wasn't mad keen on his relatives either. My favourite part as a child and young person was the midnight carol service (if we were very lucky it might snow while we were indoors and a pristine landscape await).  I wasn't ever much of a believer, but the atmosphere and the sentiments - joy to the world and peace on earth - seemed pretty good then and still do. I have always felt comfortable attending all sorts of religious festivals when they reflect sentiments that bind us, not divide. Joy and peace, folks! 
  • Blondy
    Blondy Member Posts: 238
    @Sarnicad, glad you got vouchers, to park. At the therapy centre I had we had a reasonably big free car park dedicated to the centre. We had a different coloured sheet of paper each month to leave on the dash or be fined.. Stopped people abusing the dedicated parking.
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    Hopefully celebrating
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    @MeganM what a wonderful idea, using the photos and letters. Cheers to you too.
  • Anne65
    Anne65 Member Posts: 425
    @Blondy I can't imagine what you are going through but know we are all here with you at this time & wishing you love & strength & support. I hope you, your brother & family are doing OK under the circumstances. You have so much to deal with for yourself, your brother & also the memory of losing your brother this time last year. All the best for Christmas & the New Year & I pray for some positive news for you & your brother to start 2019. love & hugs to you xx
  • Blondy
    Blondy Member Posts: 238
    @Anne65 thank you for your kind words.. I love your attitude and it's sip like mine. Being positive and not wasting time and energy on what you can't control.. Last Christmas I was 9 days into my 1st chemo so belonging to an Anglo Indian family that do a lot of pecking on arrival and on leaving I let them know that I would be bypassing the custom for a few months lol. It would have amounted to over 80 pecks by the time I left. This year I'll relish and give the pecks with gusto. Keep your sunny side up Anne and have a fabulous Christmas