This Christmas I will be.......

Options

Comments

• Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    @kezmusc and @SoldierCrab We had a piddle of rain late last night and a storm raged around for about 10 mins early this afternoon, but did nothing to cool things and did not deliver water.
  • Flaneuse
    Options
    @Doodoo Well done, to be heading towards the end of rads - exciting!
  • Doin'it
    Doin'it Member Posts: 377
    Options
    Thanks @Flaneuse. Counting the days. Time is flying luckily x
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Hubby is just lighting the fire - bizarre.  Wonder what Christmas Day is going to be like?
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    it has been known to snow here on rare Christmas days, I have visitors arriving from Darwin in 2 wks at this rate they will need the heaters on..... 
  • Blondy
    Blondy Member Posts: 238
    Options
    Ah Christmas.. Last year 5 days before Christmas my eldest brother died from cancer  Prostrate cancer which spread to bladder and then lungs.I had just started chemo after a lumpectomy 4 days before he died Luckily I went to the UK in the August and returned to find I had breast cancer. Last night my sister rang to tell me my second eldest  and my favourite brother forever, has Mesothelioma. He was an apprentice Shipwright at the Naval Docks for 5 years working with asbestos. I am gutted and never felt this bad  even for myself. He lives in the Orkney Isles and will make his regular sojourn to Goa for Christmas. Cancer is so bloody wicked. My husbands family is huge so we go there every year and it's hard to be sad because everyone lifts each other up. Have to rise above all of this and wishing my bro a lovely Christmas on the beach reading his book with his wife. Happy Christmas to you all and all good positive health for 2019
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    What an awful, awful run of events for you, @blondy.  I hope your bro has a relaxing Christmas in the sun (definitely warmer than Orkney) and you, too.
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Good health is the most valuable gift of all @blondy. Mxx
  • kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    Options
    This will be the first time away from hubby this Christmas for me as he has to work while I head to my sisters in South Australia.  Haven't spent Christmas with her for about 30 years so can't wait. She lives on the Coorong so it will plenty of walks along the beach, laughs and lots of yummy nibbles over a glass of wine.  If it gets too hot it will be finding a shady spot with a good book.  Planning on putting a shitty year behind me.  ( albeit easier said than done some times )

@Blondy that is an awful run for you.  Glad you will have a nice Christmas though with your hubbys family. 
    @Doodoo  Awesome that you are seeing light at the end of Rad's 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,584
    Options
    SO sorry to hear about your brother @Blondy  - thinking of you & your family xxx

• Doin'it
    Doin'it Member Posts: 377
    Options
    Sorry to hear that @Blondy xx
  • TeePee
    TeePee Member Posts: 31
    Options

kmakm said:

Oh @TeePee, timing! All things being equal you might still feel OKish as you'll still be in the stage where the steroids will be keeping you 'up' so to speak. It was day three when I started to come down.

I'm the trifle maker in my family. What do you put in your Christmas trifle? K xox

The last 2 rounds of AC I didn't take the steroids other than through the Iv, as they believed I had a reaction to them - it gave me a 5cm band of redness around my mastectomy scar. I'm hoping I feel ok and don't need to take the steroids. I also didn't have the lerazapam this time either - I'm not sure why they were giving it to me - but I couldn't function at all after chemo which is tricky when you're a single Mum to 3 kids!

I make a different trifle every year, my favourite is blueberry and limoncello, though this year I'm making berry and lemon curd using almond cake so it's GF. Or that's my plan at least!

our Christmas will be much smaller this year at my aunts - one of her son's and his family is going to his Dads, and her other son's partner just left him in the last few weeks (they have 3 children) so we will be a smaller group which maybe isn't a bad thing. Did I mention it's also my son's birthday on Boxing Day? No rest for me!!!

i also have chemo on NY Eve...I usually don't care much about NY but this year it somehow feels significant, no way 4 months ago did I think this is how my year would pan out...I want to kick the year to the curb and wish it good riddance!
  • Flaneuse
    Options
    @Blondy What a rough run you and your family are having. Strength to you. 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @TeePee Gargh! Wish I could pop over and give you a hand. A smaller Christmas this year sounds like an excellent idea... Yep, 2018 has been f*****g awful and I can't wait to see the back of it. 2017 was extremely difficult, 2016 and 2015 were the absolute pits. My personal wish for 2019 is that no member of my family is either diagnosed with, or dies from, cancer. If I could just have one cancer free year... The breather would be much appreciated! I hope your 2019 is vast improvement. K xox