This Christmas I will be.......

Options

Comments

• Anne65
    Anne65 Member Posts: 425
    Options
    @Blondy I will be thinking of you giving out all those kisses on Christmas Day...with gusto!! You have such a great attitude & it is a credit to you how strong you are so be very proud of yourself & take in all the love your family give you over Christmas & it will help get you & your family through this difficult time. love to you xx
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
  • Stefanie
    Stefanie Member Posts: 2 New Member
    Options
    I was going to have Christmas lunch at my place but got diagnosed on November 27 and just had my  first lot of chemo today. My eldest sister has taken over and said that she will do it at at her place and I am not to do a thing. I just need to turn up, hopefully I will be feeling ok. 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    You should be starting to feel a bit more with it by Christmas Day as long as you are able to rest when you need to!
  • Blondy
    Blondy Member Posts: 238
    Options
    @Stephanie, I had my first one on Friday the 15th Dec last year. Being the first one I was over it by the following Thursday and had no trouble with Christmas. My husbands family are Anglo Indians and a LOT of pecking goes on on arrival and leaving  Some peck one side some both  It was hilarious until I got to know the oners and twosers. I go in for the second peck but they'd moved on. And then the twosers would go for the second but I'd moved on. Anyway there was no kissing last year or getting too near me. Worked a charm. Plan on having a good Christmas Stephanie  
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,584
    Options
    @Stefanie - just sit back & direct all the hilarity!!  Yep, as @Sister suggests - pace yourself &  Let all the business go on around you - and just enjoy it all!!  xx

@Blondy - that sounds hilarious!   A bit like Ab Fab & their greetings!!  Moi!  Moi!!  

take care, xx
  • Stefanie
    Stefanie Member Posts: 2 New Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies. Don't worry I am extremely good at doing nothing. Dr said pull the chemo card out! 
  • Blondy
    Blondy Member Posts: 238
    Options
    @arpie , you will have a lot to contend with. Before I was rudely robbed of my hair Valerie and I dressed up to go see the Ab Fab film with a group of girls  Whilst we were all enjoying dinner the movie had started  Valerie got the time wrong so i we all went and saw Bad Moms dressed like Ab Fab 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,584
    Options

• vickidqld
    vickidqld Member Posts: 2 New Member
    Options
    Hi all, I have never posted on a site like this before. I am newly diagnosed with breast cancer and will see my surgeon today with a surgery date of 18th january. I have a lot to learn! In the meantime we are spending Christmas with family in Airlie Beach, then we leave for a 13 night cruise to New Zealand, then a week long visit from the grandkids! There are many positive things happening for our family next year I just have a few hurdles to go through!
    Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    @vickidqld Sorry you're joining us. You'll find this network a huge support in the months to come. Don't hesitate to express your feelings and there will always be someone to respond.

No doubt you'll hear from one of the monitors giving you advice about using the forum. Best to start a new "discussion" of your own in the "Newly diagnosed" section. Then it will be ALL ABOUT YOU, which will be what you need.

I hope your consultation with the surgeon goes well today.  There'll be an overwhelming amount of information to take in. Hope someone is going with you. If not, ask if they mind if you record the meeting on your phone so you can check stuff later when you can't remember.

Take great care of yourself.