That’s lovely to hear @Raich 😊♥️
  • Blondy
    Blondy Member Posts: 238
    Options
    @patdug they look magnificent. 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,592
    Options
    Here’s my recipe for Mum’s Boiled Fruit Cake! It is all made in one big saucepan ..... then pour into a lined cake tine and decorate as you please ... the perfect Xmas Cake!

https://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/discussion/18971/what-are-your-easiest-tastiest-meals-quick-to-prepare-when-you-cant-think-of-anything/p11

Don’t forget to whack up any cool, easy recipes on the thread! ;) 
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,537
    Options
    Looks and sounds really delicious @Annie C!! 😋🥰
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    Options
    Oh @arpie

I think you need to make an appointment with the optometrist, you are blinder than me!

• jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,959
    Options
    Dear @Annie C,
    What a glossy beast of a pudding! Back in the 70's my mother hung the boiled pudding  from a special hook in my sister's bedroom. String broke, pudding fell down and broke my sister's guitar!
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    Options
    @jennyss
    I do hope that Santa was kind that year and brought your sister another guitar for Christmas - a bigger,  better and more louder one as revenge on the Christmas Pudding!
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,592
    Options
    Oh dear, @jennyss - I know just how upset I would have been if it was my best uke!  :(

Love it, @AllyJay - it really is as much about tradition & family heritage as anything!

One of my Grandmothers actually had a little bag of solid silver 'trinkets' she used to put in the cake instead of coins.  (Coins were bigger tho & probably easier not to accidentally swallow!)  Everyone was in fear of swallowing one of these trinkets, cos they knew they'd get a dose of 'something' to make it 'come out' again sometime soon ...... so we used to squash the pudding flat, to find them, before ingesting them!  LOL