This Christmas I will be.......

Options

Comments

• June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,831
    Options
    We were told that the coins would prove if we chewed our food correctly !
    There was much disappointment when decimal currency came in as they were considered not to be a suitable metal to include in the pudding - or was this a way for the adults to get away with not adding the coins ?    :)
  • Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 922
    Options
    @iserbrown OMH I loved my platform shoes, treads and flares!!
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    Platform shoes! The higher the better! I worked for a time at the Art Gallery of NSW and can still remember the sound of me clacking around in my yellow shoes on the travertine floors! 
  • patdug
    patdug Member Posts: 53
    Options
    me too ladies - I am a woman of the seventies too...I was walking across Martin Place at the tender age of 20 in my platforms when kerboom (!) over I went ...falling over...and getting up very quickly...I loved them though...probably not the best for back, posture and keeping upright!! It's flats for me all the way now ...urghh! great to have memories though of being able to enjoy these fashion statements...xx
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,377
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Yesterday I passed a lady wearing very high heels and a lovely short dress. She was washing her car!
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    @Blossom1961
    'Sitting in a bar that faces a giant car wash....' 
    All i wanna do, is have some fun :)

• Zoffiel
    Options
    Yep @afraser I guess if BC and the dumpster fire of 2020 teaches us anything, it's that the best laid plans can go completely shits-shaped with no notice at all. I am the least festive person I know, but this time of year means a lot to many folk. It's more insult on injury, but that's the way things are. Unfortunately.  Mxx

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    Hi @SoldierCrab

Good to hear from you and glad that life is good. 8+ for me too. Have a very happy Christmas and best wishes for 2021. 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,588
    Options
    Wonderful @SoldierCrab ... enjoy your first Xmas in Tassie with your partner xx.

Everywhere is SO CLOSE in Tassie .... enjoy your discovery trips!  The wooden boat museum in Huon is AMAZING! They have a few ukulele groups too!  ;)

I want to go down with our camper van for a dedicated fishing trip , but it may be a few years before I can engineer it .... some of the best Bream and trout fishing in the whole of Australia!

take care and ENJOY! Xx
  • Zoffiel
    Options
    Aren't you the dark horse @SoldierCrab. No wonder you've been quiet! That is fabulous news, I'm so pleased to hear you are doing well and have found happiness. Marg XX