This Christmas I will be.......

Options

Comments

• FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,536
    edited December 2020
    Options
    @arpie 😂 
    When we were at uni, my sister’s then boyfriend had to separate us during a fight..👀😆. And it didn’t stop there. 
    When my mum found out about our latest fight last year (all 3 sisters this time) she pulled at her hair and screamed at us ‘You fought when you were little and still fighting!! What’s wrong with you??’ I said I don’t know, you raised us 🤷🏼‍♀️😄. So we’re having a break from each other now. It’s been very peaceful 😄
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,590
    Options
    GO @Blondy!   Would love to be a fly on the wall wth you and His Hotness opening Chrissie pressies!!   ;)

ENJOY!
  • Blondy
    Blondy Member Posts: 238
    Options
    @arpie. There have been some very interesting ones over the years, nudge nudge wink wink 
  • Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 923
    Options
    Do you have a photo of your cakes.  Are they little individual ones.  Fruit is expensive
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,374
    Options
    My festive preparations are exceedingly limited but I usually make a Christmas cake, possibly the only cake I make all year. I have in the past made miniature ones for staff presents. This year I have made two large cakes! I will share them with family, lots of fruit  - I am a fan of figgy fruit cake as well as figgy pudding, plus dates and prunes! 
  • FLClover
    Options
    @Afraser same, I love fig sweets, as well as dates and prunes 😋😋. 
    Have you tried figs in syrup? It’s this Eastern European delicacy, they take whole fruit and leave it in a syrup made of lots of sugar. Not very healthy 😆, but best thing I’ve tried. The fig one is my absolute favourite 🤤😊
  • FLClover
    Options
    Fantastic @patdug, I’m so happy you found your inspiration and motivation again! I’m sure your friends and family will find as much joy in eating them as you did in baking them 😊. 
    I found my joy in eating again 😆. And pot plants 🌻🌸🎋🌿🌱🥰
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,374
    Options
    @FLClover
    I know the dish, but too sweet for me. I have two fig trees and like them best straight off the tree! Nearly all the recipes for preserving figs use kilos of sugar! I am going to try drying my own next season, as it’s so short and it’s a bit of a race between me and the birds! 

• FLClover
    Options
    Yes I agree @Afraser, delicious but waaaay too sweet! Most of my Aussie friends can’t handle it. These days I barely can too, which is a good thing as sugar is basically poison 👀. Fresh is best 👌🏻, just find a way to keep those buggers away! 🐦😆
  • patdug
    patdug Member Posts: 53
    Options
    Yes I do. here they are Locksley et al - just two of them though!  I buy the fruit in bulk - it's my annual thing I do xx
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,590
    Options
    Very Nice @patdug - They look very similar to how I usually make mine, including the almonds!  ... but I got lazy this year! ;) 
  • patdug
    patdug Member Posts: 53
    Options
    Thanks Arpie...It was a HUGE effort this year...not sure (sometimes!) why I did all that work!! Anyway, peole enjoy them and that is the main thing.. :):)  xx
  • FLClover
    Options
    They look really delish @patdug 👏🏻😋😊