Night Howls

Options

Comments

• Harvey1903
    Harvey1903 Member Posts: 189
    Options
    Okay I'm still up. A little upset today. Hubby had a massage for golfers elbow and was told not to do anything, he took it literally.  Wouldn't even cut the pizza!  Jeez I was hanging out washing after all surgeries.  Anyhow the survivorship nurse was part of the oncologist unit. Totally useless, except she gave me a full description of my cancer, and other markers in a folder. It gave me closure.  Moving on. 
  • Harvey1903
    Harvey1903 Member Posts: 189
    Options
    @Zoffiel. I bought a new mattress last year. None of my bottom sheets fit. So put that in the budget :)
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    Harvey1903 you did well as I would of given him more than golfers elbow 

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    I'll watch out for that @Harvey1903 though it's not likely to be a problem. I'm such a tightarse I buy really good sheets, but they are always on clearance and usually king size.
    Sounds like that husband needs a bit of cold shoulder to go with his golfers elbow. Mxx
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    I bought a hotel style pillow top mattress protector a few years ago when my hips were really hurting. The top bit just zips off to wash. It's been a life saver.
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    @Harvey1903 All the best for moving forward.  :)
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,375
    Options
    Not even 8pm and I am about to get ready for bed. So tired. Big day today, nothing strenuous but out from 7:30am until 5:30pm and I feel exhausted. 
  • Flaneuse
    Options
    Shocker of a night last night. I had a big night out to a fund-raising dinner. Traffic to city was horrendous. Couldn't find the place (well hidden). Arrived late. So stressful. Then increasingly in pain sitting listening to three hours of speech then panelists. Ankles swollen. Ached all over all the way home. Iced ankles for a while. Took Rafen and 15 mg Serepax. Couldn't sleep. Took two Panadeine Extra at about 3 am. Gradually became nauseous and eventually used one of the under-the-tongue anit-nausea wafers. Finally slept probably about 5 am. Woke to 8 am alarm because woman from My Aged Care is coming at 10 am to assess me for additional support services. As soon as she's gone I'm going back to bed. Hope I might have a nap. 
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    @Flaneuse

Serious traffic issues over here too.  I had to pick two of my girls up from the Eminem concert at ANZ.  There were roads closed everywhere so I had to park ages away.  I must say it was quite an interesting  sight seeing 60 000 walking down Kessels Rd at midnight.
  • Flaneuse
    Options
    @kezmusc That's interesting. Yes, the exit parade must have been quite something.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,578
    Options
    @Flaneuse. Wow!  Sounds like too big a day!!   I am Hoping you are feeling better soon ... going back to bed after Aged Care woman had visited would have been the shot, I reckon!  I put my ear plugs in and wouldn’t even hear the feont door bell!!   (I had a shocker of a sleep last night too!)

• Flaneuse
    Options
    @arpie Yes, I read about your bad night. It's going to be interesting to see what that cyclone does; no wind here at the moment, but it's predicted that it will build up overnight. The Aged Care assessment woman was lovely. She stayed nearly 2.5 hours, and was very empathetic. She's recommended approval of my needs, but subtly warned me there may be delays because everything is being reviewed at the moment. I suspect that has to do with bureaucratic nerves about the federal budget. 
    I DID go straight to bed after lunch and fell asleep. Deep sleep - from about 2 pm until nearly 5 pm. I know that will probably affect tonight's sleep, but whatever. I needed it. I do feel better now and am about to catch up with the day's news.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    Awake since 3 despite last nights temazepam - bugger!!   Time to get up and head off to Pilates. 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Most of the time these days, I sleep until 4:30-5ish, albeit broken sleep from around 1am.  Today, I have been awake since 12:30am and finally gave up when it was nearly 4am.  Side benefit is I'm roasting chicken to save time tonight when youngest has to be taken out to swimming competition and doing it now may stop the house heating up.  But given how tired I was yesterday at work, I dread to think what today is going to be like.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @Sister insomnia does increase your productivity but then u have that afternoon crash which isn’t good as u can’t really nap at work. Hope the day isn’t too bad and u sleep better tonight.