Night Howls

Options

Comments

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,380
    Options
    Interesting night. Pain in foot and ankle means keeping it warm. Hot flushes mean keeping cool. Tried to cool down with blanket just on feet and ankles. Nope. Doesn’t work. Hmmm. All suggestions gratefully received. Socks don’t work cause then I get too hot and have to yank them off. Currently have overhead fan on and cool cloth by bed for when needed. Sigh.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Sorry @Blossom1961, I have no answers! You're right about leaving the feet covered, that doesn't work for me either. It all has to come off!
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    I find the feet difficult in bed, too.  I have always struggled with having my feet too warm and have often slept with them hanging out of the bed while the rest of me is quilted up.  But heat is the only thing (other than strong pain killers) that ease the aching at the end of the day.  Bah, humbug!
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    After a lovely day yesterday with actual physical activity I went to bed last night tired and slept. I was woken about dawn with Afib. I took a whole heart tab as the cardiologist had instructed and got the blood pressure down and the heart rate down but its still beating all over the place. I will give it a few hours and if it doesn't settle I will troop back in to the ER. Why the hell does everything I do have a consequence to me nowadays? It's not fair.
  • Sister
    Options
    Bugger @Brenda5!
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    Finally the heart has settled. My mum might get a visit to have lunch today after all. :)
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    @Brenda5 Glad you've come through that one ok.  :D
  • kmakm
    Options
    Phew!
  • Sister
    Options
    I bought a new pillow yesterday... I hate buying pillows because it is so hit and miss (and everytime I've found a good one, they stop making it).  But the one I was using had given up the ghost and it was actually causing neck pain and headaches, as well as having gone through chemo with me, so it had to go.  I bought a memory foam with a bamboo cover.  Even though it's for a back sleeper, suprisringly it's almost too high.  As I sleep on both my side (one side only, these days) and back, it's always a juggle to find the right height.  Anyway, I woke up this morning without the thumping headache so that's a positive.  Now, just to hope the blood pulsing sensation when I lay down goes away.
  • kmakm
    Options
    No headaches is fantastic @Sister. Where in your body do you have the blood pounding sensation?
  • Sister
    Options
    In the head, unfortunately - blood pressure seems normal for me so don't think that's it (but then again, I haven't tested it while laying down).  It's come and gone a bit ever since chemo.  So hard to turn off when you've got a thump, thump, thump in your head.
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Sister Weird. I hope you can resolve it.
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    @Sister all the best for getting rid of the headache. Yes, pillows are hit and miss. I recently bought a new one - went back to the shop where I bought last ones and they had my sale on file. The same type but no stock of exactly the same size. This one is slightly fatter than the previous, and it feels a bit different, but comfortable nevertheless.
    Had a good sleep last night. Am off alcohol for the time being - started my serious diet yesterday and am feeling ok. Woke without pain in hands and just a twinge in right ankle. Have been watering the garden and moving a couple of small pots. Much more energy than a couple of weeks ago. (Day 31 without Letrozole) . Also have been consciously building up sodium to conquer the deficiency identified in Dec. so that may be a factor too. I'll take any wins at the moment.

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    The blood pulsing thing is creepy @sister. I've discovered it seems to happen when my neck is resting on certain types of pillow; it's like my carotid pulse is amplified by the foam.

The noise stops if I sit up or reposition myself unless, of course, I've gone all anxious and obsessive about it. I am prone to high blood pressure and while it's reassuring to know my heart is beating, I'd really prefer not to so focussed on listening to it in the middle of the night.
  • kmakm
    Options
    Blueberries @Zoffiel, blueberries! 200g a day apparently reduces your BP. Study came out this week.