Night Howls

Options

Comments

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    I had a Baileys sleep last night  ;) hot flushes but hell worth the better solid sleep. 

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Better sleep last night for me. Didn't have five hot flushes on an hour and a quarter... Still broken though. I think my upcoming CHEK2 appointment is playing on my mind. Not that I expect anything drastic to come of it, more information really. But nonetheless it's unknown and I'm feeling a bit tense about it.

Was Miss10 pleased wIth the festivities @JJ70?
  • SoldierCrab
    Options
    Kmakm 
    any appointments play on our subconscious even if we are feeling ok about the appointment.
    You know this will give you more information, which will hopefully help you handle your future decisions in a way that will give you long life and maybe peace of mind.

Could there be surprises come out of this appointment?
     yes  but you know we are here to help you navigate them. 
    There could even be nice surprises for all we know.... 

how much longer until your appointment ... Next week ? if I am correct but chemo brain might be wrong here. 

Hugs 

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,379
    Options
    Hi @JJ70 Things have settled down for me. PN in my hands feet and legs but currently manageable. I get 3-4 hours solid sleep then lots of little naps before morning. The solid sleep, whilst short, is enough to keep me going. I am off ALL pain killers unless you include my glucosamine/msm/chondroitin tablet. Happy to have you back.
  • kmakm
    Options
    Next Monday @SoldierCrab. Sincerely hope there are no surprises. I'm not expecting any but that's the nature of surprises eh... you don't expect them.
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    I've promised myself a new mattress this year which has, weirdly, taken some of the stress out of leaking like a soaker hose all night. I find the idea of sleeping on previously sweat soaked bedding just disgusting, particularly when  chemo has been involved. So, when the summer is over I'm buying a new bed and until then I'll just lie there oozing. And no, no waterproof mattress protectors. I have a couple of standard ones which I wash then chuck out and I could not tell you what I've spent on pillows in the last two years but I can't 'do' plastic or rubberised Manchester.
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 945
    Options
    @Zoffiel, would one of those Kylie mattress protectors (the type used in aged care homes help to keep your new bed new? They have no plastic, are washing machine and tumble dryer safe and absorb 3000ml of liquid. Not sure if you're familiar with them, but they have a padded fabrid mid section with cotton at the sides for tucking in. Google kylie mattress protector and then click on "images" and you can eyeball them. Sounds horrible, I know, but under the bottom (decent) sheet, they can be easily laundered and will save the new bed from getting manky with sweat...and...no plastic or rubber.
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    Thanks for the pillow tip @AllyJay.  I'll definitley give tthat a try.

• kmakm
    Options
    @Harvey1903 Survivorship nurse? Never heard of such a thing! Who provides that to you? What a good idea.
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    Options
    @Zoffiel. I thoroughly recommend a KOALA mattress - so very awesome. Order online - money back garantee, Aust made, check them out!!

https://au.koala.com/
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    Options
    @kmakm I am exhausted by the Miss 10 Bday celebrations. One of Charotte's  bestfriends was born on the same day, so we had Char's bday party the weekend before. Livvy then had hers last weekend. Plus we had a brunch for family and the school disco and picnic night...........ugh......can I just sit down please. My feet are like footies - swollen. Physio says I have mild lymphedema and lipedema - oh the fuckin' joy!
  • kmakm
    Options
    @JJ70 Oh dear Jo! It just doesn't let up eh? Bloody bloody bloody breast cancer.
  • SoldierCrab
    Options
    JJ70 try so epsom salts in bath or in a foot bath NOT hot .... soak feet 20mins 
    it helps mine