Night Howls

Comments

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    @kmakm No sleeping for me during the day unless my body gives me no other choice. No complaints. I got 3 SOLID hours so although I am tired, I did get a deep sleep in. Maybe I will try that Baileys tonight. Hmmm, no maybe about it 😁😘
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    @Blossom1961 Hey me too ! I really don't have them too bad compared to some of you ,but as soon as I get into bed ,bingo hot flush !! This seems to wake me up before i've even been to sleep  then I stay awake for ages .
    @Zoffiel I know what you mean that was me on Friday , didn't sleep Thursday night but had to get up early as painters were coming at 7.30 to start paint prep . I moped around all day as I couldn't really close my eyes with these guys in my house .I'd better sleep tonight or the story will be the same tomorrow !!
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    FIVE hot flushes in the first 75 minutes of trying to fall asleep last night. What the actual f**k???

Husband snored all the way through the doona flapping. Then silence for ten minutes. I start to drift off...Then a lot of loud sighs as he gets up. What's wrong I ask. Can't sleep is the answer.

Can't sleep? Can't sleep??! GARGH!!!
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Don't you hate that wounded "can't sleep"?
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Awake since 4:30 am. At least I don't have a partner disturbing me. Just my brain. For some reason, feeling annoyed about lots of things at the moment.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Grumpy old woman syndrome?  I've had that since I was in my late 40s - sleep deprivation just makes it worse.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    @Sister I was somewhat exasperated by the giving up after 10 minutes!
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    edited February 2019
    Yep - I've been quite grumpy since my 40s when I started going thru Menopause ..... it took 10 years to get thru 'naturally' & just when I start enjoying myself, THIS shitty disease comes along!   grrrr

I've been having some mega hot flushes too - I HATE THEM!   At least, with hubby in his own bed, I can thrash round as much as I like!!

I had some sherry last night instead of Baileys - it worked a treat!  Had a great sleep!
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362

• Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    I was a sweaty mess last night. :'(:'( Depressing day - a work colleague of my husband has found out one of her daughter have been diagnosed with breast cancer - she is probably abit you get than me and one on my work colleagues mums has had concerning results in a routine colonoscopy 
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    @Kiwi Angel That's lousy for those people concerned. The fiancée of my best friend's brother has just had double mastectomy and will start chemo soon. I'm sending her my turbans. She's in Townsville. Their wedding is in July.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    It’s terrible and I have been trying to impart some wisdom but they are in that horrible phase where u have no plan and you are the most terrified!
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    Sorry to hear that, @Kiwi Angel and @Flaneuse -  are you able to suggest they join up here?