Night Howls

Options

Comments

• Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    @arpie My friend's future sister-in-law is a senior level medical professional and she is hesitant to join. I'll try to make sure she doesn't go unsupported.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    I may suggest it but I’m not really sure if she will be open to it. 
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Still over 30 at 9pm. There has to be somewhere more civilized to live. 
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,375
    Options
    @Zoffiel Geelong!!!
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Antarctica?
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    Hot sweaty mess all night - my flushes seemed to be calming down but have ramped up again and I had cancer dreams. God I miss sleeping normally  :s
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    Me too @Kiwi Angel. I used to look forward to going to bed after a long day.  It used to be peaceful and relaxing.  Now it's just something to get through because you have to.  Being surrounded by pillows incase some parts, are aching or pulling and you need to prop them up. Then too many pillows gets too hot.  I miss not being able to cuddle up to my husband because that will take about a minute to make me overheat and roll to the other side of the bed.  Sheets on , sheets off, wake up , doze off.  And that's far better than what it used to be! :neutral:  
    Time for coffee and berocca. 
    Have a good day lovelies.

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,375
    Options
    @kezmusc I miss cuddling up to my hubby too. We often sneak a cuddle in then I do the hokey pokey with the bedcovers for awhile, then once things settle my cheeky hubby comes back for another two minute cuddle and then I have to do the hokey pokey all over again!
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @kezmusc used to love summer too but now I’m looking forward to winter which I thought I would never say. The cat woke me up at 1am by yelling in my face for some reason then I was awake again from 3-4 and was contemplating getting up then dozed off again. Alarm went off at 5 and finally got up at 6 feeling very tired and grumpy. 
  • Flaneuse
    Options
    @AllyJay I'm imagining a cartoon drawing of you with your travel pillows. Sounds very effective. I use a small square pillow between my knees. Must dig out an old travel pillow for my wrist.
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 945
    Options
    @Flaneuse...Oh indeed..deconstructed Michelin (Wo)man.  As my hubby and I now have separate beds...he snores, I 
    sweat..it really isn't a problem. I scored the queen bed, so me and my pillows can do our own thing. My main joint problem is when the joint is bent, twisted or unsupported. Then the whole thing flares up and becomes even more stiff. I'm trying for the umpteenth time to wean myself off of prednisolone, which I've been on for years now, and can't afford to piss my joints off any more than they already are.
  • Flaneuse
    Options
    @AllyJay What a bugger for you. This is the shite part of the whole picture - when other conditions are added to BC or worsened by the treatment for BC. I've never had prednisone. Am a bit afraid to start trying anything new at the moment. Though I think I'll give curcumin a go for my arthritis.
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    edited February 2019
    Options
    HELLOOO....been flat out like a lizard drinking - back to work a couple of days a week plus my daughter's 10th birthday celebrations which seemed to take 2 weeks!  Anyway, I hope things begin to settle down a bit for me now.

Seems like the sleeping issues among the HOWLERS continues, with @kmakm ankle pain (I hear ya)  @AllyJay bed hopping  @Kiwi Angel  @arpie @tigerbeth @Zoffiel with hot flushes @kezmusc pillows and pains.

It seems I am with you @Flaneuse - my brain wouldn't turn off last night - lots of very weird dreams that broke my sleep throughout the night - plus the cover dance - covers off - covers on.

How are you @Blossom1961 @sister and @Harvey1903?
  • Flaneuse
    Options
    @JJ70 Hope being back to work is going well for you.  ;)