Options
15678911»

Comments

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    edited March 2019
    Options
    @newby it is hard work.
    Chemo during my first round of treatment wasn't that bad, in hind sight. Nasty at times, confronting and terribly inconvenient but it passed quite quickly. BC V2 was different; 10 years older,  I didn't cope so well, but it still got done ****grammar alert***
    I know exactly how you feel when you say you want to sleep for a week. For the first time in nearly three decades in 2016 I craved herionne. I'd have crawled across hot coals for sleep and bliss. Sadly, no sleep, no bliss and an abundance of coals. I'm hoping that it was all worth it, but who knows. Hang in there chick, you are nearly over the line. MXXX
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Lovely, this is a safe whingeing space! As you say, we're all in this together. K xox  :)
  • Newby24
    Newby24 Member Posts: 62
    Options
    @Blossom1961 yes I am feeling a little better tonight about tomorrow and thanks for the 🤗 @AllyJay it’s funny ay they say drink lots and take pain killers which make you sleep and so you can’t drink while your asleep and I was the same having to run to toilet all the time. Yes after next week hopefully I can regroup and I’m sure I will be back on here asking for advice from all of you wonderful people. @Zoffiel thank you for your advice as always. Codeine, panadol and phenergan help me sleep very well lol love your ‘grammar alert’ as I am a teacher but do not speak or write Australian Standard English very well haha @kmakm thank you always for your wisdom and support. I remember not so long ago when I first joined  this group and I made my first comment, I remember a lot of people saying we are all in this together and that there will always be someone here to speak to and again I feel so blessed to have my virtual friends here again for me 💕 
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Newby24 Me too. K xox  :*
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 945
    Options
    Hi there again @Newby24...regarding the "drink plenty of water to flush the chemo from your system faster"  didn't make sense to me anyway. My thought was that the longer it stayed in my body, in large amounts, the more opportunity it had to kill off the cancer. To me, it was the same as putting hair colour on your hair, then rinsing it off after five minutes, before it had had a chance to penetrate throughout the hair follicles, in strength. That was what I told myself anyway, and it made me feel a little less guilty about my fluidless hybernation.
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    I didn't drink litres of water either - as always, I drank when thirsty. 
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    Not oodles of water here either.  I thought it was a bit contradictory as well. Put the stuff in then flush it out???  Drank a bit the first day to get rid of the red pee but that was it.   I am terrible at drinking water and that didn't change.
  • Doin'it
    Doin'it Member Posts: 377
    Options
    I was told to drink heaps because tc Chemo can cause damage to the kidneys
  • kmakm
    Options
    TC here too @Doodoo. I was told to drink lots of water as well.
  • Doin'it
    Options
    Oh I’m pleased about that @kmakm. I was beginning to have doubts 
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    In rare cases, drinking too much water can be harmful. Think about how much fluid you are consuming, not just water as it all adds up. Water is usually about the best thing you can drink, but there is water or fluid intake from other sources. Thirst and urine colour are still the best indicators of hydration. I get amused by people clutching their water bottle in hand on a 20 minute tram ride......
  • Doin'it
    Options
    I drank coconut water as well as water
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,584
    Options
    I agree with @Afraser  re possible intake of too much water.

Maybe also consider adding a watered down 'exercise drink' to your drink regime?    When drinking copious quantities of fresh water, it also flushes out a lot of the necessary 'micro' nutrients that are essential for the healthy use of the body ..... a friend ended up with a pace maker after drinking too much 'clean water' (after doing a heap of dragon boat racing!)  She actually needed the electrolytes to be replaced, but had watered them down instead!   :(

Take care xx
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Agree with @arpie