Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @Newby24 Well done. So glad it all went smoothly. K xox
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,377
    Options
    Great news @ Newby24. Big hugs for today.
  • kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    Options
    That is the best news @Newby24  Just take it easy.  I was also on TC and found day 3 to day 9 or 10 was when I was at my lowest. Just day by day and you got this.  If your'e on 4 x TC then you are quarter of the way through.  Hugs xo
  • Newby24
    Newby24 Member Posts: 62
    Options
    Hi all had another good day today but probably over did it a little. Got a date in early April for radiation and the shot for the immune system was very quick and all my panicking was for nothing lol the chemo nurse said my bones would probably start aching because of needle and that probably is why I am still awake. Although my bsl’s was high earlier n don’t know if it was because of the peach I had for afternoon tea or the needle. It is gone down now but my feet are aching and I think tomorrow is going to be a rough one. I have two more nausea tablets to take in the morning n then I probably just have to ride the wave haha that sounded a little funny as we have hardly any water in our rivers 😬 gee I must be getting tired lol I am going no where tomorrow and going to relax all day👍🏼 Day 3 coming up. Just a quick question we have two toilets and at the moment everyone is using one and I am using the other and taking all the  proper precautions but how long before I start sharing the toilet again? Hugs to you all. 
  • Newby24
    Newby24 Member Posts: 62
    Options
    @Zoffiel thank you for your advice it really is a matter of awareness and I truly appreciate any advice. Day 3 and nothing as yet just panadol for aching legs last night. Yes my cancer nurse came to my radiation mtg yesterday and said to make sure I have nausea pils on hand and take even at the slightest feelings. 
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    we kept my toilet for me alone throughout my whole treatment we were in a house with 3 inside loos and 1 dunny ;) but we decided it best if mine was solely mine until month after last chemo.... 

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    We didn't have two toilets, so I was just very scrupulous about cleaning and flushing. Curiously when my partner got early bowel cancer and elected to do a full course of chemo, he got no dire warnings about toilets. I know who's the least careful on the loo stakes in our house!! 
  • Shellshocked2018_
    Shellshocked2018_ Member Posts: 283
    Options
    This might be a silly question so I apologise up front.
    May I ask why people are not sharing a toilet? Is this to do with your low immune system during Chemo?

I haven’t started Chemo yet, due to see oncologist at cancer clinic next Friday.
    The more information I have the better
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @Shellshocked2018_ No such thing as a silly question!

As the chemo passes through your body, some of it comes out in your urine. These are highly toxic substances. You'll see the nurses wear thick protective gloves, glasses and gowns to handle it. You don't want anyone except yourself anywhere near the stuff. Almost all loos splash/spray when flushed. So keep the lid down and no drips! It's also why they tell you to use a condom if you have sex during chemo.

My husband and I still used the same loo but I was very very careful. K xox
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    NO the toxicity of the chemo drugs 

• Shellshocked2018_
    Options
    Thank you kmakm that makes sense, did read about using condoms during sex when having Chemotherapy, not sure I would have the energy lol...
    Lots to learn
    Thanks again xx
  • Afraser
    Options
    I accidentally sprang a chemo line when going to the toilet during treatment (in day oncology) - truly not my fault, the cannula was faulty. But much running in gowns and gloves and wellie boots, as you don't want this stuff on you. In you is a different matter! Same thing with toilets. Lid down and flush twice. If you are having three weekly chemo, problem abates a bit after the first 4/5 days. To be honest, I have never heard of anyone having a bad outcome so I think the scare tactic works a treat! 
  • Shellshocked2018_
    Options
    Can I ask another question, what if you’re out somewhere and you had to use a public toilet or a relatives toilet? 
    What did you lovely people do? Carry wipes, toilet seat covers?
  • Afraser
    Options
    Wipes and flushed twice, same drill.