New and so confused

Options

Comments

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,380
    Options
    @Newby24  I had a mastectomy and node clearance end November and I still swell up and get sore when I wear a bra for the day. Mine has all checked out fine but it is annoying. Just the way we heal I guess.
  • Newby24
    Newby24 Member Posts: 62
    Options
    @Blossom1961 I had a lumpectomy with node clearance in December and started chemo in January. Even got my radiation dates yesterday and was feeling so good and then this happens 😡 did you have a lump or was it a rash cause my bc was in my right and under my left I get a rash but under my bc right breast I have a small lump but have to wait until tomorrow to see doctor. It’s right on my bra line.
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,380
    Options
    It gets swollen rather than rashy. It isn’t really a lump but the whole area which has had pressure swells. It generally goes down within 24 hours. I have worn a bra for the last three days and each night it is quite swollen. Today it started hurting so I just whipped off the bra and relief was instant. I think my body belongs to the bra burning days.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    @Newby24
    It's difficult to compare as we all heal differently.  A visit to the Doctor tomorrow will  give you a medical opinion and hopefully peace of mind.
    Take care 
  • Newby24
    Options
    Thank you @Blossom1961 yes it does feel better as soon as I take my bra off. @iserbrown But it is a small lump so I will have to go to doctors and hopefully I am being over cautious and I get the all clear 🙏🏼
  • kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    Options
    No need for the apologies @Newby24  we know what you are going through and it just sucks.  Just one foot in front of the other and you got this.  Hopefully all good with you when you see the doctor tomorrow..  I have an U/S Thursday with a lump under my arm but i suspect that it is scarring from the surgeries last year.  Good luck with your chemo in the morning and wishing you well.  xox. 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,593
    Options
    Sorry to hear you've been feeling crook with the chemo @Newby24 .... do what you have to do to get thru it xxx 

The bra has probably just aggravated some scar tissue ... is it a wireless bra (sounds like something to do with a computer!  LOL)  Softies are the way to go.  Can you also contact your Breast Care nurse or drop in on them?

Thinking of you - gentle hugs coming to you from me xxxx
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Good luck on Thursday @kitkatb. I hope it's as you suspect. K xox
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,593
    Options
    Ditto - all the best for your U/S @kitkatb   xx   Take care xx

• Newby24
    Options
    @kitkatb thank you yes I hope it is just an ingrown pimple of something like that but I never realised how stressed I would get from a small lump after becoming having bc. @arpie thank you and no it wasn’t a wired bra but it had a bit of lace and was a little tight. I agree with the other ladies and my fingers are crossed for both me and you @kitkatb for great results 🤞🏼
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Best to get it checked out, even if nothing more than to ease your mind.  I've never been a big fan of bras (always off the minute I walked in the door) but I find wearing one all day now quite painful at the lower side of the mastectomy site - no rash but slightly swollen and really tender and lace can cause further irritation.
  • Newby24
    Options
    @Sister yes I’m at chemo now but I am intending on going to my gp as soon as I leave here 👍🏼
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Good result!  Lol!
  • Doin'it
    Doin'it Member Posts: 377
    Options
    Great result!! Yay! Glad to hear chemo 3 is done 😊