Our Gardens

Comments

• cranky_granny
    cranky_granny Member Posts: 690
    Okay all you green thumbs. I have a west facing front garden 
    not much is surviving running out of ideas as to what I can plant that has some colour.  I did get a couple of gladioli to flower in pots  I plonked  in there. Only 3 out of 6 bulbs actually flowered. 
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    If in doubt I always go to my local nursery who have an abundance of ideas. I am a native garden lover and am always able to get assistance. If you are not as fussy as me, your nursery will give you so many ideas you won't know what to choose.
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    @cranky_granny
    What about Succulents with flowers  as they love the heat and sun,  I know Penrith can be cold in winter but by being west facing it should be ok 
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,951
    Succulents are good. How about geraniums and some small flowering bushes.
  • jennyss
    Dear @iserbrown,
    What a welcome home present! And beautiful flowers and bushes, and grass so green and soft it needs to be rolled in.
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    Dear @jennyss

Oh to be able to get on the ground and roll in the grass. Ah sadly those days are gone. Creaky joints, achy bones and if I got on the ground now, I definitely would not be able to get up. Milk crates are the closest I get to the ground, however it's amazing how much weeding is achieved sitting on a milk crate. Now, to devise a way of attaching wheels!

• jennyss
    edited February 2021
    Yes, me too @Annie C - just fantasy!
  • cranky_granny
    cranky_granny Member Posts: 690
    @iserbrown i had forgotten about succulents I had heaps of at my old house didn’t think to take many of my plants with me all the bulbs and the little bush roses that I never got a chance to dig up.  I’ll put the order in for my birthday this year. 
    See how i go. 
    I will probably put some sort of hedge in with everything else in pots. 
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    edited February 2021
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    Hooley Dooley @SoldierCrab I need one of them. Mr Google comes to the rescue again.

It will be interesting dodging the man trap holes that the big bungarra (dirty great big lizard who has taken up residence on the block) digs, seeking burrowing frogs. I might get trapped or bogged!

• FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,513
    He’s adorable 🥰. Nice work @Cath62 👏🏻
  • Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 911
    We have a possum that visits at night. I haven't seen them during the day.