• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Beautiful!
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    Options
    @jennyss

Beautiful, I love how the succulents cascade over the logs. Petunias and geraniums won't grow in the Kimberley (I ignored the advice of the old timers and wasted money trying, they were right!).

Succulents do well, surprisingly. For a long while I resisted - they were not exotic enough. Then, on a day trip to Broome, that big green store, whose name begins with a 'B' and where "team members" all wear green aprons, had a wonderful display of succulents and I was hooked.

The result, a succulent bed established in a shady area of the front garden. Should look lush in a few years. That is, if I stop cutting bits off for propagating.

• Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 911
    Options
    Hi @iserbrown
    Your irises are lovely.  I also have a few irises flowering.  I only ever picked them once and the irises dripped colour (deep purple) and stained my tablecloth.  I just thought oh well they shouldn't be picked as flowers in a vase.  I wonder if I did something wrong.  Do you pick them and vase them regularly.
  • Locksley
    Options
    Help needed for suggestions for Protection for zucchini seedlings.

Hi Everyone,   I am providing a buffet style dinner in my little veggie patch for snails.    I have a dog so I don't put down snail pellets.   I have been crushing up egg shells and putting around the seedlings but somehow the snails are doing some incredible moves to wrangle their way around and between any gaps in the shells and continue feasting on my seedlings.   Apart from sitting outside each night with a torch to catch the buggers - does anyone have any other suggestions I can try.   (apart from just purchasing zucchinis at supermarket!).   
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Yes - this is my third vase of Irises inside from my current flowering.  I haven't had drips from the Iris but I have had from the Banksias and Red Hot Pokers.  I always put them in water and then cut the bottom again before arranging.
    I keep mine out of direct sunlight when inside.

Hope this helps -   From Google

Display the flowers in a position where they are protected from direct sunlight, breezes and intense heat. If they are bearded irises (Iris germanica hybrids, USDA zones 4 to 10), keep them on an easily washable surface rather than an expensive tablecloth because their blooms may drip a sap that can stain.

With the right care, iris should last for 5 to 7 days. Upon arriving home, follow a few simple steps to get the most out of your blooms: When you get home, stand the wrapped flowers in water so they can get a good drink while you're getting the vase ready.
  • Locksley
    Options
    Thank you :)   My vase was on my dining table which gets a bit of direct sunlight.    I look forward tp picking some more and trying again because they are so beautiful.