Our Gardens

Options

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,589
    Options
    This is cool ....

As is this - on ABC Garden Show last week .... good for home made Xmas presents .....

Could be fun to try making .... check it out! Air Plants!

https://www.abc.net.au/gardening/factsheets/no-drama-kokedama/13495938
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Isn't that just marvellous!
    How fortunate you are to watch it all come together 
  • Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 923
    Options
    Wonderful.  I've only seen this via David Attenborough. 
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,536
    Options
    That’s amazing 🤩👏🏻
  • Sue_w
    Sue_w Member Posts: 123
    Options
    What a privilege it is to be able to watch him make his bower and then woo his bride. We very rarely get to see them in my yard. Sometimes they will visit our trees but that's it.
    Thanks for sharing @Annie C  
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    Options
    We are very fortunate. Although I curse Mr Bower Bird because of his habit of taking a bite here, there and everywhere from the tomatoes, he does entertain us with his mimicry and antics. He has been on the block now for over seven years and is often seen poking around in the heavily planted tropical back garden. Struts the pathways as if they have been put there just for him. I often disturb him when I take the scrap bucket down to the compost bays - he is usually digging and poking around for bugs and worms.
    The bower is about twenty feet from the house, just off the front verandah.

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,589
    Options
    How absolutely unique, @Annie C - I doubt if anyone else on the forum have their very own Bower Bird Nest!  How gorgeous xx

• ChezaH
    ChezaH Member Posts: 549
    Options

Locksley said:

Just picked these lovely camillas to bring me some joy. 

They are beautiful xx

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Saw this article online this morning 
    I find the garden a destressor.  Yesterday,  between rain, we took the cat with us, very squelchy underfoot,  but so refreshing.  Lilac buds starting to open, late daffs starting to flower and oodles and oodles of Rosella's in the trees

"Five ways to use your garden to support your wellbeing" https://theconversation.com/amp/five-ways-to-use-your-garden-to-support-your-wellbeing-165841
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,959
    Options
    Dear @iserbrown ,
    I can just imagine the smell of the Daphne. And I like the heels.
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,959
    Options
    Dear @iserbrown,
    I enjoyed that article on how to use your garden for your well-being, but I didn't like the author suggesting that we need to be preparing for the next pandemic! - thanks for posting. I love gardening and walking.

best wishes from jennyss in Western NSW
  • Julez1958
    Julez1958 Member Posts: 1,127
    Options
    Hi all gardeners,
    Although I only have a small courtyard and it’s nothing much I do enjoy looking at all your lovely garden pics.