Our Gardens

Comments

• gumnut
    gumnut Member Posts: 1,055
    absolutely beautiful @Locksley
    It must be lovely to have beautiful roses like these to cut & put in vases in your home
    I love their fragrance  <3  <3
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    yellow roses, my favourite colour rose. Pretty
  • ChezaH
    ChezaH Member Posts: 549

yellow roses, my favourite colour rose. Pretty

Mine too I love yellow roses xx
  • ChezaH

Locksley said:

Picked these lovely roses from my garden  this afternoon.  Don't know their name.  They were a cutting given to me that actually struck and grew.  Was so surprised.

They are just beautiful, I do love yellow roses xx
  • Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 911
    @gumnut I do enjoy my roses.    What you cant see is the weeds in the garden beds that I will get to one day but it gives me so much joy to pick them and smile at them in a vase.
  • Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 911
    @FLClover Your indoor babies look great.   I'm no good with indoor plants.  I kill them!!     I do like the look of an Aloe Vera though, I might try and get me one of these.  
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,513
    @Locksley I seem to have a knack for them, really not sure how! 😆 Definitely get yourself an aloe vera. They’re cheap and they grow quickly, really low maintenance. But most importantly, they’re the Holy Grail for skin. Open a leaf, smear it all over your wound, and you’re good to go. Even just applying it to your face as a moisturiser 👌🏻👌🏻 
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,951
    Dear @FLClover,
    What a wonderful collection. You must have the healthiest air indoors. And the plants look so healthy. You must pay them individual attention. Well done!
  • FLClover
    Thanks you @jennyss! 🥰. I am hoping the air is clean, as a lot of them are also air purifying plants. And I do love them all. They’re my babies so I make sure they’re ok. I also speak to them 😄☺️😘
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,524
    My aunt used to cook them all the time @Zoffiel& I hated them!!  Roasted, they were 'just ok' ... but boiled, were HORRIBLE
  • gumnut
    gumnut Member Posts: 1,055
    Hi @FLClover
    I love yr air purifying plants - I didn't know that they existed. I've been researching them on the web, sounds like a great idea. I'm going to get some too  :)
    Thank you <3 for sharing xx
  • FLClover
    No problem at all @gumnut, it was my pleasure 😊. The air purifying ones are that large one, which is a Happy Plant or Dracaena, and I also have a small version of that in my bedroom (you can see the in the pics). The Mother-in-Law‘s Tongue, or Snake Plant is also air purifying, and I have the small version of that in my bedroom too. The Spider Plant is another one, which is in my terrarium, and it grows quickly too. The Peace Lily is beautiful and a good air purifier, but I gave mine away when I got diagnosed and need to get a new one. And finally the Aloe Vera, great for the skin and the lungs 😁. Definitely get them, as they’re really low maintenance, cheap, plus they’re so pretty 😊🥰
  • ChezaH

FLClover said:

More indoor babies 

wow so healthy