Night Howls

Options

Comments

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,377
    Options
    I am ditching my BS after my treatments are completely finished, five more months of herceptin. I love him to bits but his young offsider in training is a little lady with so much arrogance and attitude it diminishes the beauty of those around her.
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    @Blossom1961 So sad that someone can wield such a destructive influence, but I've met a few people like that.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    I can’t believe how many people work with breast cancer patients/survivors that really shouldn’t. I don’t know if they become jaded or not but so many of them seem the lack empathy. 
  • Blossom1961
    Options
    Very tired. Sleeping sitting up just doesn’t work very well. I just looked on my antibiotics box and it neglected to say “do not drink alcohol with this medication” 🤪🤪🤪 Mmmmmmm, hopefully Baileys helps with the sleep tonight and if it doesn’t, oh well, I wasn’t going to sleep anyway!
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    @Kiwi Angel Spot on. It seems that recruitment must take no account of meeting patients' emotional/ psychological needs. They seem to think that because their paperwork says it's possible for them to refer you to a psych means they can divest themselves of any responsibility to show empathy. And when I did ask for a psychologist I got the cold shoulder treatment by the BC unit for having done so. Delicate flowers.
    @Blossom1961 At least your mouth will feel happy.
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Gargh.
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    Options
    @Zoffiel.....hope you got some sleep - that's a shite time to be awake.

I woke at 4 ish from a  hot flush and need to pee.......willed myself back to sleep, but my brain decided that it would stay conscious. :smile:

Think I'll start recording how many 'hello I'm awake when I shouldn't be' nights are due to being woken from a hot flush, rather than toileting needs. 

Sent my email off to icy ONC - looking forward to a reply full of empathy and information. ;)

• kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    edited March 2019
    Options
    @Blossum while I was doing my 2nd chemo and had a big reaction from the Doxetaxel  the chemo nurses stabilised me then the doctor had to come and check my heart and lungs to see if I could continue. Afterwards the nurse whispered to me "We call them BABY doctors and you get two sorts, the arrogant ones who know nothing in the scheme of things and then you get the one's who acknowledge how much experience we all have working this wing and ask what they would like them to do"  ( luckily I got the latter one )   but it made me realise how much some of the nurses cop as well from these arrogant twats.  We did have a bit of a laugh about it though.  xox
  • Sarnicad
    Sarnicad Member Posts: 318
    Options
    @Blossom1961 have you told the lead onc what an idiot the in training is?  They sometimes don’t know until we tell them it would be a shame to throw the bath water out just cause the baby sucks!  We have this problem at work too we have a really smart accountant but he has no idea how to communicate and often yells at staff and clients - staff are complaining hand over fist about him and I can see it not ending well as we won’t wreck our fab team over one who can’t play well with others

ability to communicate is now becoming a determinate factor for entry into many tertiary degrees, particularly medicine, no point be the brightest light bulb if you can’t (or won’t) communicate with patients appropriately 
  • Blossom1961
    Options
    Hi Sarnicad, it is the BS side kick and I don’t see him again until April (unless I get his sidekick instead). I intend to tell him then but I don’t think he will be able to see it even though the other members of his team do. I will try but it isn’t worth pushing the point.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    @blossom1961 I would contact the surgeon's rooms now and say that you do not want to see the sidekick and make sure that is noted on your appointment.  If questioned, you only need to say that you cannot form a workable relationship with this person.  My guess is that the staff will understand completely - if she's arrogant to you, she's very likely to be arrogant to others that she sees as beneath her.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    Took a sleeping tablet last night and still had a crap night sleep. Feel like I might be getting sick though so that probably didn’t help and added to the standard work dreams. 
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    Looks like everyone else is in the land of nod. Having such bad sleeps this week!!
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,584
    Options
    That's a bummer!    I took one last night, too, @Kiwi Angel  - and altho it took a while to nod off, finally slept thru to about 6am.  YAY
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @arpie it’s proving to be a very long day at work - feeling sicker because the lack of sleep is exacerbating everything.