Comments

• Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    Eyesight blurry here too. 
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    Options
    Shit Steph @Kiwi Angel reading your current story is like reading my own. Mate, we are going through the same thing on opposite sides of the continent.
    Coooooeeeee!!! ......and fuck you Tamoxifen.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @kmakm me too. They do list it as one of the side effects of tamoxifen- it’s on the box to not drive if u feel off. 
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @JJ70. Wish we were closer so we could whinge over coffee (or wine) 
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @Flaneuse seems like a lot of us have some vision problems. 
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    edited March 2019
    Options
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    I've started doing the foot stretch that I was told to do when pregnant before I get out of bed or out of the car (when I remember).  It doesn't stop the hobbling completely but it does help.  During pregnancy it stops cramping but it seems to work for mobility now, too.  Bring your toes up firmly towards your knees (so that if you were standing, your heel would be pointing downwards) - release, then repeat a couple of times.  For the pregnancy thing, I was told not to point toes as this would make cramping worse.  I don't know if this would apply now as well but I don't do it, anyway.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    Another crap night - headachy and queasy and have to work extra hours today as someone as sick. Also means I get to do the work of 2 people all day for 12 hours  :s
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Do you ever call in sick @Kiwi Angel?  I don't, but changed that last week when I had a worse night than usual and just knew that I wouldn't be able to function.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,602
    Options
    Me too @Kiwi Angel   What is it about 2.30am?  I’ve usually already been tossing and turning for at least an hour .... then finally look at the clock.  Yep, 2.30am again!  I pretended I was asleep til just after 3am, then read for about an hour ..... still couldn’t drop off.

Feeling totally stuffed now. 
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @Sister before chemo I had about 5 sick days in 11 years. Too hard to get cover. On the upside I had enough sick leave to cover my surgeries and some days off during chemo. 

@arpie hate it when your body clock sets at a certain time to wake up!!
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Geeze it's quiet here tonight. Don't tell me everyone's actually sleeping...
  • Annski
    Annski Member Posts: 112
    Options
    No, not me at least not now. Had my regulation 90 mins on the couch passed out with the TV on, then woke up and came to bed now wide awake obsessing about recurrence after 18 months and what to do about a million things that must have decisions made about them and how to decide about anything when you feel totally unmotivated and couldn't care less really. Seeing counsellor tomorrow just as well he is the only brightness in my week. Hope things are better at your end ...
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Not remotely @Annski. I have "about a million things that must have decisions made about them" and how do you "decide about anything when you feel totally unmotivated and couldn't care less really"?! Got it in one my friend.

I saw my counsellor today. Cried of course. I can't see that I won't ever not feel like this. I can't see anything improving. I want it to, so that's why I see the psych, but it's a long road and requires such a massive overhaul. I can't see that I'll ever be able to do it. I'm so tired.

Plus our boofus doggie is sick and in the hospital tonight for the first time ever.

I hope that your recurrence worries pass and that you make some headway with your counsellor tomorrow tomorrow. K xox
  • Annski
    Annski Member Posts: 112
    Options
    Oh dear, good grief! In the same boat then. Sorry to hear doggie is not well. I lost my beloved Betty the Cat just after my initial mastectomy, she was almost 25, now although I ache from missing her I am glad she's not here to see me like this, she would be so distressed. I know exactly what you mean about feeling you will never get past this. Everyone says you will but I'm getting worse. Trying to cover it up of course. However I hardly ever cry at the counsellor, just so grateful to be with someone who seems to be actually there for me, I only cry when I have to leave.
    Still one day follows another and we paste the smile on the dial. Hope you get a bit of zzzzz soon. xx A.