Night Howls

Options

Comments

• JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    Options
    Shit nights all round of late :o .... I am catching up on what you're all up too...
  • JJ70
    Options
    How was Evita @tigerbeth. Did you manage to stay awake?

I attended the annual Nannup Music Festival last weekend (long weekend here in WA), usually I am all go and even this time last year, 3/4 of the way through chemo I managed the whole festival. This year, I was sitting in the town hall, with a 12 piece band (which included a 5 piece brass section) screaming out their tunes......and yes, I fell asleep :/
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    @jj70 I liken my efforts to walk after sitting to being like an old Japanese lady with bound feet.

It's always the danger of being part-time and being good at a job you enjoy.  You may have to sit down with your Principal (or whoever organises this stuff) and have a chat about realistic expectations.  I've been back at work now for 1 1/2 terms, 30 hours a week, and it's exhausting, even having had the big Christmas break in between (I couldn't have done it without that).  I come home some nights and go straight to bed.  But I don't put in more time than I'm paid for anymore.  I just can't.
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    I never know what is going to ache next. Getting out of the car at work after a 40 minute drive is always done with trepidation--ankles, knees, pelvis any or all of them can seize up to the point I find it really difficult to walk. I try to park out of sight so I can hobble around for a while before anyone sees me.
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    I find it interesting lately to read that so many people are finding that side effects of whatever hormone therapy they're on are getting worse over time, rather than settling down.

Day 40 without Letrozole and a bit stronger every day. Also gradually a little more motivated to do things - even a bit more in the garden, as well as tidying my office and selling a couple of unwanted things through Gumtree. 

Awful stabbing pains in right wrist last night - PainAway didn't help, but Voltaren gel did. The right wrist is the worst remaining problem area with pain, plus my upper right arm (not the mastectomy side).Not sure if it's Letrozole hangover or new arthritis. Then there's my prosthetic knee, which is always a problem. I'm one of the "hobblers" on getting up, or getting out of the car.

I had a big disappointment yesterday. Today was to be my consultation with the new surgeon, to discuss my next surgery (taking out expander and going flat instead of having implant). Yesterday morning the BC nurse rang to say the surgeon's daughter had broken her arm, and he's taking two weeks off. It will be "about a month" before I see him. I won't know the date of the consult for at least two weeks. Frustrating. That might mess up my Easter holiday time with my grandson in the Blue Mountains. Shall have to hold off on booking flights. The plus is that if surgery is delayed I have more time to lose weight before then. And at least also, I do now know that I have been assigned to the surgeon I hoped to have to replace the one who did my mastectomy (the one who dissed me). Also, I have more time to finish my Paris memoir before then so if I pop my clogs during surgery or just after (with clots again!) at least the finished manuscript will exist.

• JJ70
    Options
    That's shite @Flaneuse - hoping your Easter is not compromised!
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,612
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Gotta find it first @SoldierCrab ....  A buddy with a boat has just said he'll put it in right now - so with a bit of luck, I'll get the sim card back with contact details on it, anyway!  (Even if I have to give away one of my 'fav fishing spots' to do it! )  LOL

A couple of buddies have said I can have their old superseded models that they had sitting in a drawer .... so that will be wonderful (one is a samsung, so if I find the sim, it may just work in it!)

SO sorry you are going thru tough times @JJ70   .....  That isn't fair if they heap work on you & take your assistant away ...   I  find with Exemestane, I have the same 'slow movement' after sitting for a while ..... I almost get the wobbles as well, so have to be very aware of being stable before starting to walk! 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    I am a decrepit crone after any period of activity longer than five minutes. The pain in my feet and knees is getting worse. However it does all ease when I'm warmed up a few minutes later.
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Options
    @JJ70 please make sure you sort out the work issue , you don't want to be used & abused .You'll end up resenting the work you love . Think there are a lot of us ladies with the "slow movement " still cant get used to how I have to get out of a car or off the couch or off our very high bed !!!
    Evita was great , well I was nodding off just as the intermission started , so went for a walk & I was ok for the rest of the performance ! Hope things improve for you  hugs xx
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 946
    Options
    My locomoting...can't really call it walking anymore, is becoming more and more embarrassing. I look like someone trying to shoplift a frozen chook under my dress and between my thighs. I have this feet wide apart and hips that don't swivel thing going and my feet only lift a tad. Lift them any more, and I get shooting electric shocks across my back, so about two inches is as good as it gets. Keeping the shop detectives on the ball in Woolies, I'm sure...
  • Patti J
    Patti J Member, Dragonfly Posts: 589
    Options
    Then there is the other side... just finished an aquarobics class. Now, no side effects from Letrozole other than hot flushes. 
    Everyone is different.
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 946
    Options
    @Patti J, 95% of my joint problems are from another medical condition I have. The Letrozole, as I've mentioned elsewhere, doesn't seem to have made much of a difference. They were bad before cancer, they're bad now and will get worse in future. Such is life.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @JJ70 I’m like u - can’t aleep and most of my pain in in my ankle and feet joints and finger joints. All require a flex when I first get up and I hobble for awhile until I warm up. That combined with the poor sleeping makes it near impossible to get up and go for a run in the morning and I miss it so much. My joints seem to be able to handle it but the lack of decent sleep is hard. I have been taking curcumin tablets and they seem to work - rarely have to take a panadol osteo. I can live with the joint pain until I warm up. I have been having lots of bloating so recently started adding a probiotic to my regime. I also have blurrier vision and don’t feel confident driving places I don’t know as my vision does seem affected and I feel more vague when driving. I’m like u - it sux - only 9 years and 4 months to go  :/. Work is also insane so that causes anxiety and adds to lack of sleep. Also hardly ever get to get on here again. 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,612
    Options
    Hmmmm .... my eyesight has really deteriorated int recent months as well - I thought it was just normal 'old age long sightedness' ..... maybe not??  
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @Kiwi Angel I feel more vague when I drive as well. It scares me sometimes.