Night Howls

Options

Comments

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Always good to see new faces @Loobylou!

@SoldierCrab Not good - have you got anything you can take to knock you out?

Do you have an office that you can close and take a catnap in @sarnicad?

My kids all have a student free day, today but we're expecting the power to be off from 9-3 (or something like that) so maybe having to go into work may not be too bad.  At least I shouldn't have any interruptions with no students there.  

I've decided that I have to stop railing against the general lack of sleep - it's just what it is and I can't see it changing soon.  It's just trying to fit normal life into what I can actually do.  I do love my work but hell, I wish I could retire now.  
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    I've pretty much given up railing against it @Sister. I've put together a patchwork quilt of strategies that I hope will pay off one day.
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    @SoldierCrab, if you have been awake that long without sleeping you are in the overtired time. I think you need to see a doctor today as that sort of thing can do damage.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @SoldierCrab I agree with @Brenda5. Time to see a doctor. Is there something new going on that's triggered the insomnia? Please take care of yourself. K xox
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,446
    Options
    Ladies it has been just a bad week....
    • Mum with dementia being very difficult, ( yes I know be patient- but I dont have any Patience left LOL ) 
    • work is chaos this week, and because my mum had gotten me all stressed out I stayed up Wednesday night and did my end of month accounts for work. 
    • trying to get 3 Flyers for groups out for local BC support Group before I go away for a week in March .... 
    If need be tonight will be a nice bath then a large glass of baileys and a good sleep.. I did manage 2.5hrs last night .... 
    Thank you for your concerns I am sure I need to learn better ways to deal with stress of mum's dementia other than working through the night :(
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    Dear @SoldierCrab . Some small suggestions that might help. Celestial Seasonings Sleepy Time Tea ( available in supermarkets , contains camomile long used as a carmitive (?) by Italians) plus increase your calcium intake with milk , yogurt ( not cheese as it has tyromines that can keep you awake). Try eating tinned tuna (plain) 3 times a week as it helps the brain function and deal with stress.And don’t forget the power of music to alter mood and bring relaxation.

Is a very hard time for you atm and difficult to implement strategies when you are plain buggered and strung out. Call in your buddies who love and know you well and see if they have any ideas or can help even just by listening - you don’t have to always be strong and capable - you have needs too and need some me time. Will be thinking of you XO
  • Romla
    Options
    PS We have always found high potency vitamin B tablets useful at times of stress - will try and send you some info on why but check to see if it interferes with anything else you take on the Herbs app.
  • SoldierCrab
    edited March 2019
    Options
    hi Romla, 
    dairy intolerant  so that doesnt help me .... It was that I was so wound up by my mum behaviours that I needed to slow down my mediation doesnt seem to work when I am that stressed. So I was proactive and got a heap of my work done ( I work from home)  My Ipod decided to cark itself on Wednesday night  >:)  All good  12th March Mum is off to my step sister for 10 days and I am off to Darwin for a bit of R& R with my boys ..... Visiting my bestie 
  • Romla
    Options
     Glad to hear you have a break coming up @SoldierCrab .Try that tea and then meditation - it has been helpful here. X
  • Sister
    Options
    If Darwin doesn't chill you...
  • SoldierCrab
    Options
    @Sister
     I had a week in Darwin in July 2018 I loved it .... 
    This trip is to see if my boys like it ... I want to move to Darwin boys are attached (autism) still so they would relocate if I do go. So I need to see what they think

• Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Options
    Hello @Flaneuse great new regarding the all clear!
  • Sister
    Options
    If you're thinking of moving there @soldiercrab you really need to check out the wet season so now's probably a good time to go.
  • Romla
    Options
    @SoldierCrab astounding Jetstar airfares today to Darwin if you haven’t booked already
  • SoldierCrab
    Options
    @Sister
     Why we are going for 10days now ... through the wet season mind you not had one this year .... 

Romla I got very good prices a few months ago Less that $155 each way with Virgin