Night Howls

Options

Comments

• Patti J
    Patti J Member, Dragonfly Posts: 589
    Options
    Thanks @arpie for the uke videos. Also, thanks for the well wishes. Apparently, it is the Palbociclib doing its job.
    I can thank cancer for cheaper visits to the haidresser. I am not having any colour in my hair. I am sticking with the dark and grey. My curls have gone. 
  • Patti J
    Patti J Member, Dragonfly Posts: 589
    Options
     I  had my mastectomy when the Bali bomber memorials were happening. Every time I  hear Sting's "Fields of barley" it reminds me of that time.
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    @Sarnicad Thoughts with you in loss of your friend.  <3 <
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @Sarnicad sorry to hear about your friend xoxox

I used to love summer but now Im hating it - unless I take a sleeping tablet (which I refuse to do more than once a week) I am woken up in a pool of sweat many times a night and sometimes cant get back to sleep.  So incredibly tired and grumpy today and have already snapped at the husband - just cant be bothered dealing with people today - wish I was home in bed with the cat!
  • Sarnicad
    Sarnicad Member Posts: 318
    Options
    Thank you all for the condolences. Yes while expected she did go a lot faster in the end than anticipated - she fought hard for a very long time and has a 15 yo like me so it’s all a bit close to home

had a better night sleep last night so have a lot more perspective today
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,380
    Options
    Endone vs Mersyndol
    no pain but very little sleep vs a little pain and a good sleep 
    alert in morning vs groggy in morning
    Mersyndol wins. I love my sleep

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @Blossom1961 Excellent!
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    Major fan of Mersyndol @Blossom1961.  Just a shame you have to get scripts for it now!  Annoying.
  • kmakm
    Options
    Hello. Anyone out there? Struggling to go to bed tonight. I've had an appalling week's sleep and just dread going to that place of torture to toss and turn, have multiple hot flushes that drench and wake me, thrash about in pain from my ankles and legs... and wake up in the morning, not feeling like P. Diddy, but with a headache and unrefreshed. It's exhausting, I'm exhausted.
  • kmakm
    Options
    Oh well, better give it a try... Sweet dreams my slumbering friends!
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    3.56. Doomed :/
  • kmakm
    Options
    I used to wonder about the dire extremities that saw women talk of night sweats so bad that they slept on towels. I wonder no more.
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    edited January 2019
    Options
    All the time. I love good pillows but I had to start buying cheap and nasties so I could throw them out every couple of weeks. Before anyone suggests waterproof covers, don't. Just don't.
    I'm currently lying on top of my swag (which is waterproof) in the front hallway which has a breeze. My bedroom is officially a danger zone after weeks of baking. The Chickie wants to lie on the swag too because this is her spot on hot nights--she is not stupid, just silly.
    I wish summer would fuck right off. And take the mosquitoes with it.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    You poor loves - I'm guessing it's still a tad hot in Vic.

It's cooled down a bit here now - beautiful day at the beach yesterday.  I was down at Seacliff on the paddleboard and started thinking about how things have changed in the last year just on the SUP.  I hired a board down there a couple of days before I went into surgery and, at the time, felt healthy and reasonable strong.

Currently have a finger splinted as I injured it during chemo without realising it - will probably never come good
    Fingers seize up after a while on the paddle
    Balance compromised from pn in right foot - foot can also get "blister-type burning" because I can't feel it properly
    Extra-sensitive to UV from rads
    Paddling good for cording but have to go easy
    Feet ache after a short while due to Letrozole
    Getting down and off board is a major feat of concentration as knees seize up due to Letrozole
    Getting up and down is difficult as my left hand and wrist don't want to support my weight due to Letrozole (stood up yesterday supporting myself on my elbow)
    General lack of fitness

People probably look out at me and see a middle-aged klutz.  I know how well I'm doing and hope that things improve - regardless, it's good for my bone density and for my core strength and balance and I do love it...it has a bit of the mindfulness thing going for it.

Whatever it takes, if I hadn't had the treatment, I might not be out there at all so I probably shouldn't whinge too much - but fuck, it's hard some days.

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,596
    Options
    Feeling for you all .... but boy @Sister that doesn’t sound good.

Yep, wide awake at midnight then dropped off til 3am then wide awake again. Had all the sweats before going to bed, but still stinking hot here too.  Had the portable air con on and it helped a bit. BIG earplugs needed tho.  I don’t take the computer to bed ..... 

You should see me getting off the kayak!  It is such a laugh!  I sort of roll off it and then have to use both hands to support me as I tumble to my feet.  It was worse when I had my rotator cuff injury. 

Decent Sleep is is very much a memory of the past ....

Keith used to have those excessive night sweats where he slept on towels ... quite common with athletes too.

I am Taking the prednisone early (started yesterday morning) to see how long it takes to kick in - then will start a week before the uke festival in Feb!   The stiffness in my left hand fingers is marginally less this morning. They taste foul and even worse as I have to cut one in half as well.  

Is Mersyndol for general pain control? I’ve never tried that on.

about to head out on the kayak .... hopefully the tourists have lessened in numbers .... most are total tools when on The water!  Downright dangerous for kayakers ... and the fish all hide too with the increased boat traffic.  :(