Night Howls

Options

Comments

• Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    It’s so bizarre @Blossom1961. Stress sets mine off too. 
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    Options
    Sorry @Kiwi Angel...just woke up from a lovely nap...fell asleep watching Marie Kondo...will have to try and watch that episode again :)
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @JJ70 lucky u!!
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Trying to go to bed after being up since 2 am. Everything keeps biting me.  Stung by a paper wasp (pissed off by the continuing shade cloth program) Bitten by a spider WHILE SITTING ON THE COUCH. Pant. Snarl. Shudder. Now the mosquitoes are after me. Again. 
    This is ridiculous.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @Zoffiel sounds like the stuff of nightmares!
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    Options
    Agreed....nightmare material @Zoffiel..
  • Sarnicad
    Sarnicad Member Posts: 318
    Options
    @JJ70 thanks for asking just generally sad that someone so young (45) is gone so soon. The service is Wednesday so that will be a tough day. My son tells me that the service is going to be on their wedding anniversary, which again makes me sad especially as my wedding anniversary was today and full of joy and theirs will not be

sleep is elusive here too well a full night of it at least and I still haven’t found my drugs so my faulty memory is shitting me. So many simple th8ngs I can’t recall but some stupid obscure fact at work I can. Knowing where my drugs are would be better
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    I had a good sleep last night thanks to temazepam- now just have to survive another horror week at work with not much sleep for the next 4 days  :/
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Thank the pharma gods for the creation of Serapax. 9 hours straight. World domination, here I come!!
    I'm off to the oncologist today to have a Very Serious Conversation about my sex life. or lack there of. I am not letting him wiggle out of it this time. 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @Flaneuse Caught up with the girlfriend of one of my husband's (adult) nephews. My husband's family are notoriously hopeless at passing on info, so she said "Oh you've cut off all your hair!" I explained and instantly my arm was being rubbed like a genie's bottle.

It seems to be such an instinctive response. How do you feel about it? I don't mind it, but I'm not sure, having been the recipient of hundreds, that it would be my go to response now.
  • kmakm
    Options
    Make 'em squirm @Zoffiel.
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    @kmakm I feel uncomfortable about the genie arm rubs, but they don't know what else to do, and at least they're showing a feeling. I really hate the "You look great!" thing, though. Super-sensitive, I suppose, but i interpret it almost as though if they think if I look great, then I have no problem.
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Flaneuse It's such a knee jerk response isn't it? We're conditioned by film & tv to think people with cancer look like they are 'suffering' and while of course that is sometimes true, often it's not. A bad cold can make you look more rubbish than BC! My chemo, and my sister's gave us a kind of glow, and my skin was never so good! Now that I'm past active treatment, when you get the tentative "And how are you... now?" ie are you dying question, who wants to say 'living with 24 hour pain, mucosal dryness, depression, nuclear grade hot flushes, a dry vag, and stiff as a board'... I mean, that's just whingeing eh?! We can save that for here. So, 'all good thanks', or 'as good as can be expected'. Occasionally I get someone who's either had it or knows someone well who has, and they say something like 'it's not easy though, is it' and that's really refreshing.
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    @kmakm Yes, it is refreshing when that happens. And it's extra nice when it's a male who says it, because they have a woman in their life and they understand more than most blokes. I've felt so crap lately that I now refuse to say "I'm fine". I say, "I'm upright and breathing, so I guess that's a plus." ... and then change the subject.