Night Howls

Options

Comments

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,380
    Options
    @arpie Mersyndol night strength has codeine, paracetamol and doxylamine. It has been my go to for really bad pain for years, ever since I was a teenager. Then they made it prescription only which was a bummer. I previously used it primarily for intense headaches and severe period cramps, so basically two - three nights a month and during the rare day if absolutely necessary.  Now I have started using it for neuropathy. I find it the only pain drug that makes me drowsy, but it only works for me in this way if I am in pain, it doesn’t work as a sleeping pill if that is all I require. I hope that makes sense. 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    That's pretty shitty @Sister. I love that you're still out there trying though. The Letrozole is in my big toe joints. If I wear any shoe that requires my toes to grip a bit, such as thongs, or I am doing something that requires them to move so I can balance, I can feel it and they get sore. I imagine it's the same on the SUP.

Hope you and the Chickie managed a bit of shut eye in the hall @Zoffiel.

Mersyndol can be excellent for pain @arpie. However I've found it makes me quite sleepy and fuzzy. Which is fine if you're in bed, but if you're driving or out and about in the world, it's not the best.
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    @Sister Oh, I sense your suffering.
    I can hardly grasp the handle of a mug of coffee recently.  Coming home on the plane yesterday, I had to ask the air hostess (yet again) to open my bottle of water. I do the squeezy-ball exercises thing, but ...
    I'll be seeing my medical oncologist on Thurs to review my situation.
    The temp in Glenbrook on Thurs got to 45C. Came home yesterday to about 28C - stupid, really.
    My mind all over the place last night. Finally got up and started watching TV at 1 am and finally fell asleep in front of it at 2:30. Then went back to bed and slept until 7 when joggers went past talking loudly.
    I came home from the family visit feeling that even my beloved daughter is becoming bored with hearing about my focus on the state of my body and its various unsatisfactory bits.
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 945
    Options
    @Flaneuse...Just last week I was sitting on my son and daughter in law's new couch, when a cup of hot coffee just swivelled around in my hand and ended up all over my legs and the new furniture. I was mortified...burnt as well. I have been known to stab a new bottle of fruit juice with one of those horrible plastic seal thingies on top, which are my nemesis. I found a fat screwdriver and stabbed it in the neck. Got my juice though. Tight taps also get me cursing with frustration and trying to do P2togtbl (knitters will know) also gets the tongue going. Aside from the rigid and painful joints throughout my hands, thanks to the scleroderma and exacerbated by the letrozole, I also have the neuropathy which has left me with skin numbness. If the numbness went deeper, to the joints, it might have been a mixed blessing, but as it is, it's just a mixed curse.
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    @AllyJay A bugger, isn't it? I'm staying away from screwdrivers! I can imagine how you would have felt with the coffee on the couch incident. I hope your burns aren't too bad.
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    Options
    @AllyJay
    That P2togtbl is a bugger isn't it. I am knitting a baby shawl ( no i haven't any grandbabies or grandchildren ) where every second stitch seems to be a P2togtbl! And I thought that the shawl would be easy.

While rummaging through my craft room ( I like to think designer studio - it's really a 'donga'), I came across a Patons Baby Knitting book that had 6pd (six pence in the old currency). Probably one that I bought at a garage sale.

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    I have a few of my Mum's favourite knitting books as well as sewing patterns.  I don't do either (although have knitted some fancy stuff in the past - miss having her to fix up my mistakes) but I couldn't bear to get rid of them.  When I was a teenager/YA, we used to go throught the patterns and I'd say, "I like that neckline, that skirt but not the waistband...and can you do the sleeves from that one?"  And she diid.
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    Options
    Hi @Sarnicad. How are you doing? Thinking of you as your mourn the loss of your friend.

Another stinker here in Perth today - 39. Apparently was already 33 this morning when I went for a 6km walk at 6 am...no wonder I needed a cold shower when I got home. Thinking air-conditioner, jigsaw puzzle, book writing,'Marie Kondoing' loungeroom drawers and catching up on a bit of Charlotte's scrapbooking - think I am about 4 years behind LOL!
  • Patti J
    Patti J Member, Dragonfly Posts: 589
    Options
    @JJ70. Did you read the article in today's paper about the Marie Kondo effect? Many opshops are receiving brand new, unworn clothing because of her. 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Gotta get to the op Shops.
  • kmakm
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @AllyJay I can't do those under the lid seals either. Chemo really got into my hands and now with the Letrozole they're just hopeless.

Yesterday I had to get my daughter to open the back door for me. We have clay soil and in the summer ours doors start to stick as the house moves. There's only the lock to hold (note to self, install a handle, a nice Indian one) and I simply don't have the strength in my hands to grip it sufficiently to move it.

Last week at the greengrocers I had only two sleeves of herbs and a tub of tahini dip on two hands. Yet I still managed to drop the dip putting them on the checkout counter, smashing it on the floor and spraying dip everywhere (I offered to pay but they were kind enough to let me off). Ffs, I'm only 52! Gargh!
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    I miss napping. Used to love a nap on a Friday and Saturday afternoon but now if I doze off I get woken up by a hot flush about 10 minutes later and that is the end of napping. Won’t have another hot flush until I try to go to sleep at night. Don’t know what it is about trying to sleep that triggers them. Have to take a sleeping tablet 2 times a week now. Sunday night so if I wake up I can get back to sleep and not lie there stressing about work and generally on Thursday night when the work week has finished since I have slept like crap all week and need a decent nights sleep before I kill someone. I miss sleeping through the night and the fact I used to love summer but now I’m praying for autumn  :/
  • kmakm
    Options
    Mmmm, naps...
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,380
    Options
    @Kiwi Angel My hot flushes come more frequently when I lay on my side. When I sleep on my back they are fewer and less intense. Problem is, I can’t sleep on my back. I do get hot flushes when I am about doing every day stuff but they are definitely worse when I am trying to sleep especially on my side