Night Howls

Options

Comments

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Not thinking much of the cool change here, so far.  Good luck, Victorians.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    29 degrees at 6.11am and a north wind!  We're in for a shocker but hopefully the change comes through this arvo
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,374
    Options
    Didn't drop below 30 overnight at our place! Roll on cool change this afternoon. 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    35° at mine at 8.30am...
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,379
    Options
    Not sure what we got down to in Geelong but it was 26 inside at 6am and warmer outside. I got a tad of sleep as I took the Mersyndol pain killers last night and they helped me nap in spurts. Better than nothing.

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,379
    Options
    Currently 36.8 in Geelong at 8:45
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,592
    Options
    ENJOY your weekend, @kezmusc, hope you catch heaps!    

We are SO lucky to have the sea breeze and a 'cool house' (no aircon!)  Stinking hot outside tho.

Going to the movies with a uke buddy - Mary Queen of the Scots - should be good 

Have a wonderful long weekend, everyone - stay safe & have fun xxx
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    @kezmusc So glad you're feeling so good. Your experience is encouraging.
    I was to have a consultation with my medical oncologist on Thurs, but on Tues they rang and put me off until 11 Feb because of an influx of newly-diagnosed poor poppets. I had intended to ask her about % advantage in taking Letrozole, etc. This week I've felt increasingly worse and very low in spirits - in fact, maybe the lowest I've felt since diagnosis. Can't stand waking to excruciating pain in my stiff hands and going to bed with it - as well as elsewhere; and not being able to hold things safely. Decided yesterday that I had taken my last Letrozole. That gives me 17 days before I see her, to see how my condition changes. I also can't accept spending the rest of my life FAT, with the increased appetite from Letrozole. I had just got through chemo then rads and was ready to go on the Mosley programme and lose the 14 kg I'd put on since diagnosis, when whammo - I was into Letrozole-induced munching. If I can get my weight under control and regain some semblance of decent body image - even without one boob - I'll feel better within myself.
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    @Zoffiel, still snickering over the visualization of your Chickie. Zane the Dane comes running when he hears dogs barking on my Netflix. I turn it down real quick and he thinks there is a heap of dogs passing up the road. They are funny. 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,592
    Options
    @Flaneuse - that is such a bugger with the letrozole.  My pain level is back up to that 'nasty letrozole level at 6 weeks', after having 6 months on Exemestane - and I am not supposed to see my Onc til April - but I don't think I will last that long.   I've whacked on some weight too!   grrr

My current referral is for the lovely lady I saw early in the piece who swapped me from Letrozole to Exemestane.   (My Onc visit to the dipstick guy in Nov was absolutely useless - he didn't give a shit about my pain levels & hadn't even read my notes before seeing me!  He basically said 'Who are you & what are you on?' - I was in & out after 5 mins, after waiting nearly an hour to see him.)

When I saw my GP last week & said I was going to take a break from my AIs .... she suggested I try some prednisone over a short while instead of stopping (cos the stiffness & pain in my fingers was killing me & making it very difficult to play my uke!  I lead the group & we are gearing up for a big uke festival performance - and I am not prepared to put up with it!)   So I've trialled the prednisone this week (to see how quickly it kicked in) and it was 24hrs.  I took it for a few days & then stopped - and I continued relatively pain free and not stiff for another few days.  So I'll start taking them again a few days before the Uke Festival and before our major practises.  Yesterday I could hardly even hold a Teaspoon to stir my tea, my thumb was so unresponsive & sore!  

All the best xx
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    Options
    @Flaneuse my heart goes out in empathy to you....my hands are unaffected by meds, it is other parts of my body that ache. I can only imagine how debilitating it must be. Love that you have taken the bull by the horns, at least for 17 days.
    Weight gain is a bitch hey? I am so despondent about it atm....I can't exercise because of muscle pain...my new walking regime is out the farkin window before it barely began......I am hobbling around like a very elderly lady....