JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    Options

• JJ70
    Options

• Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    @JJ70 Thanks for your wishes. We're all in the shit, hey? I used to walk a lot - all through chemo I walked at least 30 mins a day on average. Now, as well as my chemo-related toenail problems that make my walking shoes hurt, I have tendonitis and a torn Achilles. Fortunately I'm swimming again.
    Love your husband's creativity in defining his condition!
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @Flaneuse Oh Fran! I'm so sorry to hear you're in the pit of despair at the moment. It really is just awful. I wish I could pop over for some tea and sympathy.

It sounds like taking a break from the Letrozole right now is probably the wisest thing to do. A month off won't damage your outcome in the long run (if you go back on it) and might just save your sanity. When I stopped in December the ankle and leg pain stopped first, after about a week, followed by the hands about a week later.

Biggest hug my friend. Get to a pool asap. It's your happy place and you need some happy now. Stat! K xox
  • Flaneuse
    Options
    @kmakm Thank you! My fortnightly cleaner is coming soon. I hope to have the energy to go for a swim after that. xox
  • kmakm
    Options
    Well it's 43° in my neck of the woods. I'm at the shopping centre about to head into the supermarket and my son has just called to say the power has gone out at home.

I'm staying here in the air conditioning!! Husband is at work in Sydney where it's 28°... bah!

I'm worried about my 86yo father-in-law though. I've suggested he takes himself off to the RSL if it gets too uncomfortable at home. The kids will be OK, but I've issued instructions that they all keep sipping water, stay in the coolest part of the house, not open the fridge and keep sponging down the dogs. Any other suggestions?!
  • Flaneuse
    Options
    That all sounds like good planning. The dogs will appreciate it. I think the RSL suggestion is good; hope it's an easy journey for him. A friend of mine makes chicken stock iceblocks for her dog.

I've been wondering how you're going - seeing the news about power loss in Melbourne, on TV .

xx
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Flaneuse Yep, I'm one of the 100,000 who've had their power turned off to keep infrastructure going.
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,374
    Options
    Haven't lost power in Ascot Vale but the temperature is dropping quite markedly. 
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Afraser LUCKY! We've dropped 1°...
  • JJ70
    Options
    @kmakm...21 here in Nannup. @tigerbeth has been posting about the heat and power outages on FB....sounds yuck over there.
    Fingers,  toes and sll bits crossed for no fires. Windy, dry and hot...not a hood combo as we all know too well.
  • JJ70
    Options
    @Flaneuse....it is my achillies (both) too that have me hobbling around...plus one glute. I have physio appt Tuesday. Meanwhile I am resting leg muscles and on anti-inflammatories.
  • kmakm
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @JJ70 Darl! You are in the wars. Dr Mutant Cow prescribes deep tissue massage, long soaks in mineral hot springs in New Zealand, a month long yoga retreat in Kerala with accompanying Ayurveduc treatment, and a Caribbean cruise to convalesce.  B)
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Options
    Hey @JJ70 , I've had problems with both my Achilles too , wondered if it's due to the Femara ??
    Exercises from the Physio have helped
    goid luck , I get off the couch like a 90 year old as my knees sort of seize !! 
    Brought some curcumin today , I'll see if that helps . 
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    I've got lumps like cherries on both Achilles, this has only been a 'thing' since AI. I went to a podiatrist who, predictably, wanted to sell me orthotics. Stupidly, I bought them. $180 for a pair of innersoles that made no difference at all. When I told her that, she said that the 'cheap' ones rarely work and that I'd be all better if only I'd part with $430 for a custom made pair. Right. Maybe not.