Night Howls

Options

Comments

• Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    @Zoffiel My GP said it's just a matter of having a bit of a wedge heel - not necessarily very much - to take pressure off the achilles. I had old Birkenstock scuffs that I wore around the house, but a couple of weeks ago they started to fall apart. On Tues I went to a local shooshop called Bare Traps, where I've bought comfy casual shoes for years - for $50, got a lovely comfy pair of slides with two straps - both with velcro - and a 3.5 xm wedge. Interesting, I did my achilles walking up a step in November - when I'd only been back on Letrozole for a couple of weeks, so I don't know if it might have been related. I was (stupidly) barefoot at the time.
    GP says icing/heat and elevation and rest. Yeah. Great. Same old story. We have a full-time job with all our self-care.
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    Options
    @kmakm...aka Dr Mutant Cow....you can be my doctor any day!

@tigerbeth....achilles....interesting...
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @JJ70 I'm very expensive but I'm worth it!  ;)
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    Options
    @JJ70
    Put a jumper on. 21° is cold!

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    It's so cold here - dropped to the low 30s.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Actually, 7pm and it's 24oC - anyone jealous.
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Sister 10 to 8pm and it's 26. I'm good!
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    27 in Brissie at 7 pm (old time).
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    It's still officially 45 degrees here at nearly 8.30. That measurement is taken 1 metre above the ground, out of direct sunlight at the local airport which is 15 km away. If it's not over 50 in my back yard I'll stand fucking--which given the state of my balance, feet and shrivelled bits, is most unlikely.
    Cool change tmoz, it will only get to 38 /:
  • kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    Options
    WTF!!  @Zoffiel  Hope you and the hound holding up.   Our dog always suffered from the heat being the big boofhead that he was although he never liked getting cooled down either with the hose or bath he did it under great sufferance knowing he had no choice in the matter.    Expecting another deluge here in North Queensland over the coming days.  ( more flooding and road closures ) Again.  
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,593
    Options
    OMG  That is horrible, @Zoffiel  - I hope that it settles for you!

Stay safe @kitkatb .... between the heat & the storms ..... not much fun!   :( 

I reckon we'd be low 20s ..... and still got a sea breeze coming thru.  :)

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Still 40 degrees at 21:30. Tomorrow is the end of 7 days straight work shifts because a lot the permanent staff take holidays at this time of year. I got half way down the hill today and had to stop to do a very glamourous spew on the side of the road.... Hot? Tired? Who cares why when it is coming out your nose
    I hate this. 
  • kmakm
    Options
    Oh @Zoffiel, that's just dreadful, on all fronts. You poor thing. How many days off have you got now?
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    oh bloody hell Zoffiel, I hope that the heat dissipates tomorrow a bit for you our turn tomorrow to flip the heat switch up .... it is 9.56pm and 27.4* and rising oh dear me another night were it is hotter as the night goes on ..... 

everyone stay cool and JJ70 get a jumper girl ;)