Night Howls

Options

Comments

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Came home from Yorke's last night - it wasn't even cool on the dunes yesterday arvo.  Facing some more extra hot days and back at work tomorrow.  I'm not ready!!!
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    Options
    Almost an all nighter - slept 11-2.................lucky I have no real jobs to do today except swimming lesson appearnace for Charlotte, a bit of grocery shopping and writing a media release for West Australian Newspaper this afternoon - Can at 40. Do at 45. campaign.....might fall asleep on my keyboard by then.
  • JJ70
    Options
    Hope the day goes well @Kiwi Angel - an eventful night for you!
  • JJ70
    Options
    Best wishes for your back at work mojo to return @Sister
  • Sarnicad
    Sarnicad Member Posts: 318
    Options
    Must have been the night for it I woke at 4 and haven’t been back to sleep. Today is going to go forever plus I have new staff, a new structure at work and about a million things to do
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Awake since 2. Shitbags. More shadeclothing; I've hung about 30 metres in the last week, the house looks distinctly eccentric and I don't care. Mowed the lawn, de-cobwebbed windows, went nuts with the blower and had a 'fuck off' moment with a tiger snake. Off to yoga, a bit of shopping then hunkering down with the Chickie in front of the aircon for the afternoon. 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    We had one of those moments with a baby brown a couple of days ago.  Daughter went to open the shack door only to see a head poking out through the the gap.

Good luck with the shade clothing - it's bound to make a difference.  Even a couple of degrees in this weather is good.  My house has been closed up, blinds and curtains plus outside awnings since 7:30am.
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    With my daughter and family, went to local pool after 6 pm last night (really still only 5 pm in proper old money time). I think the whole population of the district was there. Found a few cubic metres of water to cool off in.

I had a laugh to myself - heard a woman of about 50 say to her male companion: "I heard the other day that they teach swimming completely differently now from years ago. It's just as well I never learned." !!!!!!  :)
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,586
    Options
    Must have been the night for it ...... I was also awake at 2am for a while ... I had to turn the dehumidifier off as it was keeping me awake, even with ear plugs!  :(    Took a Temase & finally drifted off again

All the best for tomorrow, @Sister - go with the flow - do what you have to (no more) to stay sane & get thru it.

A nice cooling breeze takes the edge off the temps here (and we have a 'cool house'.)  I was in Taree last week & nearly expired from the extreme dry heat!  At least I haven't seen any snakes!

Take care all & keep hydrated!!

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,377
    Options
    @Zoffiel If any wants directions to your house, just tell them it is the one you can’t see!
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @Kiwi Angel Horrifying!

My husband had to wake me up in the middle of the night a couple of nights ago I was moaning so loudly and distressed in a bad dream. We've lived together for over 21 years and I think before cancer he had to do that once. It's a regular occurrence now...
  • kmakm
    Options
    Here's a Day Howl for you...

I had my usual wakey sleepy hot flush night until 6am when I woke with a headache so bad it was verging into migraine territory. I don't get migraines as a rule, maybe only a handful in my life. I took some strong painkillers and went back to sleep. Oh and my upper chest is really itchy, almost as if there's a rash there.

I've been waking and sleeping all day. I missed out going to see Mary Poppins Returns with my youngest, which is ultra annoying because we were being treated by an old friend and she'd bought Gold Class tickets. I've only been to Gold Class twice in my life  :/  And I wanted to see my friend.

Different painkillers chased with a coffee to dilate the blood vessels, my husband's come home from work to attend to the brood, and more waking and sleeping all day. But at 3pm I've woken again to find the pain has eased somewhat.

What's caused it? I checked the Letrozole side effect list. Of course headache is on it. Let's face it, there's not many physical symptoms that aren't! Sudden severe headache and they say it could be a blood clot and to rush to a hospital. But I haven't had any blurry vision.

Top of 39° today here. Hopefully I've missed that!

Going to stagger up and get something to eat. Feel a bit peckish. That's gotta be a good sign eh?!

• Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Kmakm make sure you are getting plenty of fluids into you, as this heat and hot flushes equals needing even more fluids than Mrs Average ..... And we all know we are the above average ladies ;)

• kmakm
    Options
    @SoldierCrab Will do.  :*