Night Howls

Options

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,584
    Options
    I'll be in Katoomba in Feb for the Uke Festival (with my group!)  I hope to check out ALL the interesting shops then!  ;)   My grandmother used to have a house in Blackheath ..... and my brothers went to school at Blue Mountains Grammar ..... we used to visit the area often as kids .... fond memories.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @Flaneuse That heat is just hideous! We had 42.5° last Friday. Horrendous. I'm glad it's cooled off for you now. And good to hear you're getting out and about. K xox
  • Patti J
    Patti J Member, Dragonfly Posts: 589
    Options
    @Flaneuse. Next time you are in the Blue Mountains and have the time, try to take the red bus tour. You get a good idea of where everything is around Leura and Katoomba. You can hop on and off. 
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    @Patti J thanks.
  • JJ70
    JJ70 Member Posts: 983
    Options
    Beautiful photos @Flaneuse.

@kmakm - hope you didn't boil over! Back at home where you can let it 'all hang out' at night?
  • JJ70
    Options
    Yesterday I took the dog for a very spritely 4km walk early in the morning and ended up tripping over my own feet. I no longer have neuropathy, so I can't blame that. I have been sleeping well, so can't blame that - just a clumsy clot!!
    Anyway, I did that whole tumble - jutting forward for 6 huge galumping steps before hitting the pavement. Some poor bloke tried to catch me as he was walking towards me in the opposite direction.
    Happy with y initial reaction:
    'That will most likely be your best entertainment for the day guys' as  I sat there, took stock of any possible injuries and four fellow 6 am walkers came to my aid.
    Good news is, I didn't even graze enough skin to lose any claret......but OMG - my arse is soooo sore!!
    I have pulled a muscle - deep in the glute - think where the glute and hamstring join - I am Limpy Lou today. On nti-inflammatories, heat pack, rest. :#
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,584
    Options
    ooooh .... I can feel it (and see it!)  @JJ70 ..... glad you didn't graze or bust anything ... but those muscle tears will be sore!  :(    

Make haste slowly .... and so glad the other bloke tried to break your fall and the others checked up on you too!  

Maybe a long soak in a warm bath with radox salts as well?  (With a glass of wine in hand, perhaps?)

Some deep heat (or Percutane) would help there, too, I reckon!

Take care xx

• Flaneuse
    Options
    @JJ70 ooh that sounds sore. What @arpie said. xx
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,377
    Options
    Careful with that bath @JJ70. I ran my head into an aviary door just before Christmas and pulled my torso muscles. My head was fine. I figured a magnesium bath would work wonders. Except I couldn’t get out! I ended up on my hands and knees in the bath and then lifted one leg out at a time. No doubt looked hilarious but it pulled my shoulder muscle as I was only four weeks out from the mastectomy and didn’t have strength where I needed it. Once I stopped crying I definitely saw the funny side.
  • JJ70
    Options
    Thanks for the warning @Blossom1961.....both concerning for you...and hilarious (sorry.... :#)

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,377
    Options
    @kezmusc Are you going to put in the ice maker before we all rock up?
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    I am sure I could manage that  :)
  • Flaneuse
    Options
    @kezmusc, this just cracks me up !!!!! 
    @Zoffiel -know what you mean about the domino effect. Or multiplier effect anyway.