Night Howls

Options

Comments

• Sarnicad
    Sarnicad Member Posts: 318
    Options
    @kmakm well let’s hope it’s not like chemo where I got a little bit of every side effect!  Have a dexa scan next week and then a couple of monthly blood tests and I’m to report IMMEDIATELY if I have issues with either vaginal discharge or vaginal bleeding. He made it sound so attractive!
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Fingers crossed @Sarnicad. Not a skerrick of vaginal discharge or bleeding here... dry as the Mallee!
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Here's hoping it stays like that for you!  My dear friend, turned 80 in October,  is now having a hysterectomy thanks to the ongoing side effects of BC!
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,375
    Options
    I am not having the ongoing treatment you lovelies are having but I still get really upset when I read about what these awful chemicals are doing to you. Through our posts I consider each of you my sisters and I just want to smash someone for not considering the side effects are debilitating and need to be addressed NOW. I cannot understand WHY something has not been done. Getting angry isn’t helping you any, sorry. Big big snuggle hugs
  • iserbrown
    Options
    Yep it's the hidden extras! 
    Some are fortunate and sail through unscathed and some end up navigating a roller coaster but most importantly we're still here to tell the tale! Now which pill is it now, before or after food or before bed - damn where are my notes.

Here's to medical research 
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,371
    Options
    I don't think anyone is prescribing drugs with malice. The stats tell a clear story, more people survive cancer longer because of treatment. The big question is however about quality of life not just survival. And to be fair I think that's not a decision most people would hand over to their oncologist. What's an acceptable trade off to one may be unworkable for another. We do have choices, they may however be terribly hard ones. 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @Blossom1961 Thank you for your anger!
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    I've missed you

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    The BOM said the cool change would be here at 22:00 . It's now 5 minutes late. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE? ***pant, gasp***
    Still 38 degrees outside which is just disgusting.
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    edited January 2019
    Options
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    We're keeping it here for awhile longer.
  • iserbrown
    Options
    Cooled here before 6pm went from 40 to 35 and now 25
    Hope it makes it soon
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,371
    Options
    So sorry, it romped through Melbourne around 5 - hang in there!