Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    That view is very restful. I hope you manage to enjoy it @Sarnicad. K xox
  • kmakm
    Options
    Just woke up to find myself lying in soaking wet sheets for the first time. It's a hot night in Melbourne and I have hot flushed and boiled all night. Gross! 35° today. At least the sheets will dry quickly when I wash them...
  • Annski
    Annski Member Posts: 112
    Options
    Do you find the hot flushes and sweats a lot less when you are in a cooler place? Maybe an aircon in the bedroom would help? We had a new system put in so bedrooms would be cool and it's been magic. Worth every penny. Today going to be near 40 apparently. Might need to have a quiet read in bed later! Hope you get through the day OK. 
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    Options
    I've been sleeping better since I started swimming again, the week before Xmas. Now I'm doing it daily, in my son's pool. I was critical of the building of the pool (status symbol, water usage etc.) but I must confess I'm now appreciating being able to go there whenever I want, and swim in the magnesium water. Very relaxing. Yesterday I got up to 40 laps (440 metres). The doctor told me to take it gently to start with. I'll build up. At 4 pm the water is warm from the day in the sun, but by then the pool is in total shade, so no need for sunscreen etc. Makes me delightfully, naturally tired for the evening.

@Annski I'm going to my daughter's place in Glenbrook on 1 January - staying 19 days. I'm not looking forward to the heat. They have split-system aircon in living-room and their bedrooms, but not in my guest bedroom - just a fan. Hope I survive that. Here at home in Brisbane, I have ducted aircon throughout the house, as well as ceiling fans.
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Annski The hot flushes are the same in the cooler weather, but the sweat seems less. Air con would push our electricity use to be very expensive which we can't afford. We have evaporative cooling which makes sleeping possible and generally keeps the house comfortable on all but the hottest days. I think last night it kept me comfortable enough to sleep, but broiled me a bit before I woke!

@Flaneuse So glad the swimming is helping! Sounds like a lovely arrangement you have with your son.
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,446
    Options

Just had this on friend whom had BC also page.... 
    it sure takes a bit to straighten the crown again and move forward but we do get there. 
  • Annski
    Annski Member Posts: 112
    Options
    @flaneuse, I am so envious of your swimming. I used to love swimming, doing 20 laps of the 50 metre pool every morning. But first I dislocated my right shoulder in 2013, it was never repaired properly at the time and now I can't raise it to do overarm, but I could kind of swim like an unbalanced duck. Now with ongoing tightness and pain due to the axillary clearance on the left arm (not to mention periodic lymphoedema) that arm doesn't work either. So I might have to try dog-paddle. I know what you mean about the pleasant tiredness and coolness.Good luck on your visit to your daughter. I live at Katoomba,  34 today (!!) but I was visiting Sydney where it was, weirdly, many degrees cooler. Glenbrook can be almost as hot as Penrith. Maybe you could sleep in the airconditioned lounge-room? 

@kmakm I'm glad the evaporative cooling works for you and apart from a morning broil you are getting some sleep. Who could have imagined needing airconditioning in Melbourne and Sydney? I lived in Alice Springs and Darwin for years, didn't even have aircon in Alice Springs. I in fact railed against it on environmental grounds for ages but being old and pathetic these days I am just so grateful to have it. The next few days in Melbourne look pretty good, hope you have a better time of it!
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Sleep was being elusive as usual, made worse by mozzie bites... So, I took advantage of the lack of wind and high tide to paddleboard just after sunrise.  Thank goodness for long-sleeved rashies as it was a bit cool in the water to start off with.  Paddled about 2.5km which is pretty good for me.
  • kmakm
    Options
    That sounds very impressive to someone who's never done it! Well done.

I've had a lot of trouble getting to sleep the last few nights (cancer cancer, cancer cancer drumbeat in my head) so took a Temazepam last night to help the process.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,598
    Options
    Me too @Sister & @kmakm  .... I've taken a couple of temaze over the last few nights (including last night at 1am.)   Usually a day on the water will give me some sort of depth of sleep - but not this week.  The wind should drop tomorrow - so I'll be on the water for sure!  ;) 

The pain in my left hand in particular seems to be getting worse, tho the right hand isn't good either - almost an ache/numb feeling - and not able to clench my fist!  grrr  Could that be a form of neuropathy?  It lessens during the day, but never goes away.  Always worse at night.  Having more hot flushes too, but only 1 or 2 a day.  SO MUCH FUN!     NOT!

Have you restarted your Letrozole yet, Kate?  The break would have done you good! xx
  • Patti J
    Patti J Member, Dragonfly Posts: 589
    Options
    @Sister. Re your long sleeved rashie: I wear my son's primary school rashie to aquarobics in Winter. They never wear out! 😁
  • kmakm
    Options
    Tomorrow @arpie, tomorrow...
  • Sarnicad
    Sarnicad Member Posts: 318
    Options
    @kmakm I guess we can be drug buddies. 

My oncologist has a weird sense of timing for Xmas I got a prescription for Arimidex which I start tomorrow - puts a whole new twist on new year new you. At least I’ll be able to remember the start date
  • kmakm
    edited December 2018
    Options
    @Sarnicad I'm back on Letrozole tomorrow after a month off. About 18 pain free days. It's been really nice. The memory's been better as well. When I started the leg pain arrived on the fourth day, and the hand pain about four weeks later. We'll see what happens this time.

Maybe you'll be OK on Arimidex. Many are. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. K xox