What are your easiest, tastiest meals - quick to prepare when you can't think of anything!!

Options

Comments

• Blondy
    Blondy Member Posts: 238
    Options
    That's a goodie. How easy is that . The perfect recipe for lazy cooks, or those low on energy. 
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,959
    Options
    Dear @Bbryce and @arpie, Numsos! Thanks for the recipes :)
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    My easy dinner has to be a veggie green curry. Easy, we always have leftovers for lunch and it’s a great way to use up the veggies that are starting to look a little sad. Like u @Blondy I always buy heaps of veggies. 
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @Afraser I’m lucky enough to have a man that can cook too. He does the best seafood risotto and this really good crab avocado stack thing. He love looking for new recipes and when I’m going through my vegan phases he will look up recipes to cook for me. God know how this happened as his mother hates to cook and is very bad at it. All things must be cooked on high for as long as possible!!
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,374
    Options
    My mother, a remarkable person in many ways, was no cook and loathed baking. Frozen foods were her thing. She had one good dish, a ham and steak roll. She was, not surprisingly, very fond of salads so we probably got more than the average Scottish share of greens! 
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    I grew up very much in the meat and 3 veg era!
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    So I realised what we are cooking tonight is something quick and easy to prepare..

1 BBQ Chook
    5 sheets puff pastry
    1 Jar of Chicken Tonight (creamy Mushroom)

Preheat oven 220*

take all chicken off the bone and shredded between 2 forks... 
    add chicken tonight and mix together.

cut each sheet of pastry into 4 (I use a pizza cutter) 

Place equal amounts of the mixture onto the middle of the pastry 
    take opposite corners up into middle 
    repeat with the other opposite corners 

egg or milk wash them. 

Place in oven and cook for approximately 25/30 minutes 

serve hot with salad or on their own. 

This Serves 5 of us for dinner on their own 
    often leftovers are for lunch the next day. 

They do freeze well after cooking if need be ... JUST let them get cold first... 
    We rarely have enough to freeze 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,592
    Options
    Doing one of my favs at my brother’s place tonight .... an Aldi boned chicken ‘Greek Style’.  Whack all the Vegs to bake in the oven at the same time as the chicken ..... 1hr later, cook the greens. ...... VOILA!  Serve!
  • Sarnicad
    Sarnicad Member Posts: 318
    Options
    @arpie now that’s my idea of simple
  • kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    edited February 2019
    Options
    @SoldierCrab sounds like an awesome easy meal. YUM.
    @arpie That's one of my go to meals.  Had it last night.  Slow roasted veges in oven everything from red onion, capsicum, diced pumpkin, zucchini, mushrooms, halved cherry tomatoes  sprinkled with a bit of sea salt, and touch of sugar and balsamic vinegar.   Vego last night but sometimes throw in a couple of chicken maryland's on top if i feel like some meat. Slow roast for about 2 hours.
  • arpie
    Options
    That sounds SO much more exotic and colourful than my meat and 3 veg @kitkatb !!  I will give that a go!!

• Artferret
    Artferret Member Posts: 259
    Options
    My daughter found a recipe last night. It's your basic quiche recipe but for a base buy yourself a couple of baguettes, slice them in half length wise, scoop out the excess bread to create a hollow, fill with quiche mix and bake in oven. We're having it tonight 😋
  • arpie
    Options
    Pics please, @Artferret   ;) 

• Artferret
    Artferret Member Posts: 259
    Options

Ok, quiche subs. I got the baguettes from coles but anywhere will do. Cut them in half first if too long then cut out the middle.
    Recipe is for this many subs...

9 eggs,  beaten
    200g bacon, chopped
    1 cup tasty cheese, grated
    1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
    5 tablespoons milk or double cream
    Spring onion, chopped
    Tomatoes for garnish 

Beat eggs, add milk or cream then the rest. Spoon into bread bases and cook for 25-30 minutes at 180°C. 😋
    Enjoy!
  • arpie
    Options
    YUMMY!  Thank you so much  @Artferret

I would have all those ingreds except the double cream .... and the baguettes but I have a bread maker & could make my own!   ;)