What are your easiest, tastiest meals - quick to prepare when you can't think of anything!!

Options

Comments

• kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    Options
    Will send you some pics @arpie when I eventually get out hopefully end of this year.  I'm lucky as my hubby has been a fishing guide for over 30 years now.  He's up in the Territory at the moment.  Lucky bugger :/    Talk about drooling with the smoked fish pie.  I LOVE smoked fish but am the only one who does so never get to have it.  Love the pics, keep em coming at least if I can't get out you can give me the inspiration that i'll get there.
    Sounds good @Blossum1961 especially the salami and bacon added.   I didn't eat much pasta maybe once every 3 weeks or so but now with chemo I've become like this pasta monster who can't get enough carbs.  Goes down really well when you feel like rubbish.  Have an awesome day ladies. xox
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,586
    Options
    Oh, how good is that @kitkatb  - so he always puts you onto fish??  Yes, now is the time to target barra before the big wet starts, I think.  I may have to organise my trip up there when he is up there!!  ;)   My brother has a place in Darwin!

You could always just make a couple of small SFPs ..... just 1 or 2 small fish would do it ... and downsize the cheese sauce  ;)  We just had the last one for dinner last night.   I gave one each to our friends last week & they loved them.  Keith had sneakily eaten a whole one over a couple of days, for lunch, too!!  LOL 

Yes, pics of anything is good!  ;) 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @arpie Would you like the tomato based fish curry recipe? It's easy to do but requires patience as it takes a while to cook the onions. K xox
  • arpie
    Options
    oooh, yes please @kmakm !!   I LOVE onions too!!  And I often have fresh fish!   ;) 

• kmakm
    Options
    No, really @arpie?!  ;)

Excuse my scribblings, but feel free to follow. I reduced the chilli because we have some chilli wimps in our house. I usually add a cup or two of frozen beans to boost the vegetable content.

The key to this dish is cooking the onions low and slow, for ages. Stir regularly to shift the onions round and scrape the caramelisation off the bottom of the pan.

The recipe is from an English cookbook so the tablespoon measure is 15mls.

Enjoy!
  • arpie
    Options
    Scrummy, thanks @Kmakm!  I have the fish in the fridge!!  That'll be a surprise to the other half to have a curry with it!  ;)  

By mentioning 'onions' plural - do you add extras?   One onion to me = 1lb, even 1kg!  ;) 
  • kmakm
    Options
    @arpie No, I follow the recipe, just one onion. Sorry!
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Looks good, @kmakm.  I'm thinking the slow cooker would be good to do this in (onions on the slow setting, then dial it up to searing for the last bit.  I'm not a patient person.
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,959
    Options
    Dear @kmakm, I'll try this recipe soon; thank you
  • kmakm
    Options
    No worries @jennyss. Let us know how you go with it.  :)
  • kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    Options
    I have made that recipe @arpie its really yummy.   Although I have a soft spot for anything with citrus.  :)
  • arpie
    Options
    That looks SCRUMMY, thanks @iserbrown !  I look forward to trying that one! !   Especially if there are any left overs - I often find the left overs to taste BETTER than the 'on the night' trial!  ;) 

• Blondy
    Blondy Member Posts: 238
    Options
    My husband and I rarely eat the same food except for bacon and eggs so you'll see us both in the kitchen at the same time preparing separate meals. I love the look and colour of veggies and always buy too much or end up not eating them, so waste money and food. Last year I started getting Marketspoon which delivers the ingredients and recipe cards. I bought 3 meals for 2 and they lasted me the whole week. I found it to be way too much food for me and expensive at $69. Then I saw the brought out a range called Dinnerly. Same thing, not so many ingredients and not the fancy recipe and photos. Instead I get the recipes and instructions on my phone. I started getting them weekly late last year. With delivery $47  I get 3 meals for 2 and often I can get 3 to 4 servings out  them.so I also make them my lunches. The ingredients are top quality. I am very lazy and not a foodie. I would be happy with a slice of toast or a lump of cheese for my dinner. Having Dinnerly makes me eat better. This week I didn't have an order as I didn't fancy any of the dishes. There's never a problem with skipping weeks. They always want me to refer a friend by offering them a week's food for free to try. I find it much more economical to get my food this way, and it's delivered to my door. So no extra spending in the supermarket. How often do we go in for one thing, come out with 2 bags and forget the item that you went in there for.. Today's dish was Korean style sticky chicken rice