What are your easiest, tastiest meals - quick to prepare when you can't think of anything!!

1161718192022»

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,969
    An Airfryer does it in half the time too!  ;)   I rarely use the oven any more - and much easier to clean!  :) 

Get a 2 drawer one & cook the meat in the 2nd drawer & 'synch' them to finish at the same time!! 

I even do my roast capsicum in the air fryer now - and it takes about 15 mins (vs up to an hour in the oven on low for 4 capsicum.) It is seriously YUMMY!
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,969
    OMG ... I can almost smell this, just watching it!! 
    The flavour develops even more, when stored in the fridge

Caponata is a Sicilian eggplant dish featuring a sweet and sour mix of tomatoes, onions, olives, capers, and vinegar.

Reasons to love this recipe:
    ✅ healthy and comforting at the same time
    ✅ made with seasonal ingredients
    ✅ staple south Italy recipe
    ✅ easy to make
    ✅ versatile: great on it’s own, side dish or as a pasta sauce

Ingredients for 2 portions:
    ▪️2 aubergines
    ▪️1 onion, chopped
    ▪️300g Cherry tomatoes, sliced on half
    ▪️3 celery sticks, sliced
    ▪️Olives, handful
    ▪️2 tbsp Capers

Dressing:
    2 tbsp red wine vinager
    1/2 tsp salt
    Basil

Instructions:
    🍆The the aubergine onto cubes. Add to a bowl with a tsp of salt.
    After sprinkling salt on the aubergine slices, let them sit for about 30 minutes. You’ll notice they start to release liquid, or ‘sweat’. This helps to remove any bitterness and reduces the moisture content, making them less likely to absorb oil when cooked.

🍆Bake them for 20-22 mins at 180C in air fryer (you can use the oven too)

🍆 In a pan cook the onion, add tomato sauce and let it reduce down. When it’s almost ready add celery, cherry tomatoes, vinegar, salt and sugar.

🍆Finally add the roasted aubergines, olives, capers, toasted pinenuts and basil.

🍞 It’s perfect to scoop it up with my homemade bread