What are your easiest, tastiest meals - quick to prepare when you can't think of anything!!

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• cranky_granny
    cranky_granny Member Posts: 707
    Options
    @arpie  I’ll have to dig out my impossible quiche recipe. Flour eggs milk melted butter cheese just cant remember the quantities at the moment. The fillings are basically what you like or takes your fancy. 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,588
    Options
    I've just made some more Air Fried Capsicums .... REALLY YUMMY & SO easy (see Page 19) 

MUCH easier (and quicker) than doing it in the oven!!  ;)

I've also got some paper 'liners' for the Air Fryer as well - and that is saving on the cleaning too!!

100pcs Air Fryer Disposable Paper Liner Set Non-Stick Pan Parchment Baking Paper
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,959
    Options
    No picture, but here is a yummy dish if you like prawns. I made this recently with my father.
    Prawn, Pesto and Pasta
    • 'Just Caught' peeled and de-veined prawns from Woolies (or something like it)
    • Cooked pasta (can be macaroni, bow ties, spaghetti)
    • Jar of pesto sauce.
    Amounts as you like and depending on the number of people.
    Stir all ingredients together and reheat - doesn't need to boil.

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,377
    Options
    Always pasta for me.
    Tonight I didn't feel like anything but know I have to eat or get dizzy spells.
    Fry up some bacon (or any meat) with pine nuts, sun dried tomatoes, and some Italian herbs. Also, capsicum if you can be bothered as it tastes great. Fry in some of the oil from the sun dried tomatoes. 
    Add all to cooked pasta and top with your favourite cheese or sour cream.
    Can be plain depending on what you put in but it is super easy, satisfying and substantial.

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    I have been making this now this year super yummy and good for you... 

𝐅𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐋𝐨𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐓𝐮𝐧𝐚 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐚 𝐒𝐚𝐥𝐚𝐝

Prep time 10 minutes

Cook time 30 minutes

Serves 6

5 points a decent serve

250g dry elbow pasta

2 cups raw broccoli florets

200g cherry tomatoes halved

1 medium red capsicum diced

1 medium yellow capsicum diced

425g canned tuna in springwater drained

1 medium red onion diced

1/3 cup mixed chopped fresh flat leaf parsley & basil leaves ( I only had dried so used that  about tablespoon of each. )

I also added can of corn and can of 3 bean mix both drained. 

Dressing

1/3 cup (80ml) reduced fat balsamic dressing

1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Zest of 1 lemon

Juice of 1 lemon

Salt & Pepper

- SWAP - Cooked Chicken instead of Tuna #protein

- Butter Beans to keep it #vegetarian

This recipe is in my second Cookbook,

“How I kept the Weight Off”

You can find the method & full recipe there.

Feed Me Healthy with Anna Van Dyken

• TaraJ
    TaraJ Member Posts: 37
    Options
    we love the recepietineats website,   everything on there is so tasty.   We are a big fans of the vegetable pasta and the chicken risoni.
  • arpie
    edited February 3
    Options
    That sounds awesome, @SoldierCrab xx.  Great to see you back xx

Some cool recipes there, thanks @TaraJ xx. 

https://www.recipetineats.com/

• Julez1958
    Julez1958 Member Posts: 1,125
    Options
    I have been doing this really easy summer salad - cos lettuce, mango and avocado 
    Teamed with a piece of grilled salmon fillet or chicken wings in honey and soy sauce done in the oven.
    Summer 🏊☀️
  • arpie
    edited April 5
    Options
    Oh, this looks absolutely YUM - and an easy way to make 3 different Fajitas - Pork, Lamb & Beef!!!
    Serve with some salad and avocado .....  I think I'd stack it more as a Pyramid - wider at the base & close at the top, to prevent it falling over in the oven.   

As the Kebabs are then almost 'separate' .... you would probably reduce the cooking time too.

Definitely gonna give this a go sometime!!       Give it a go & let me know how it went!!

The full recipe is here:   https://tasty.co/recipe/3-way-party-fajitas-kebab

or watch the video:

• arpie
    edited April 8
    Options
    Ooooh - this Facebook page has lots of ideas ....      https://www.facebook.com/flavornectar

Tho it is American - so read the ingredients first, to see if Aussie has them! ;)

Click on the Photo of any that you like & then click on 'see more' (on the right hand side) and you can 'screenshot' the recipe 'as is' as the pic and ingredients/method usually fits in the 'screenshot'.
    If it DOESN'T fit, just make the screen a bit smaller (command/control -) and it should then fit. 

This Blackberry Margarita Smash sounds nice & refreshing - I need to get some Tequilla & triple sec!! ;)