What are your easiest, tastiest meals - quick to prepare when you can't think of anything!!

Comments

• TaraJ
    TaraJ Member Posts: 50
    I need air fryer liners - having to wash air fryer less would be amazing 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,969
    edited May 19
    @TaraJ Depending on the shape & size of your air fryer ... see if they have some that suit yours here:
    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/354338885367?var=623738

It cuts down on cleaning & mess HEAPS!  I prefer them UNDER the bottom 'tray' as I think the air circulates better - but some sit them on TOP of the tray, so even less cleaning.  Sometimes a bit of oil will find its way into the bottom of the drawer - but you can either wipe it up with a bit of kitchen paper towel (which is what i do) and only wash it every other day.  You can put it in the dish washer too.

Every now & then, I fill the drawer up with hot water & put Dishwashing powder in it & soak it for a couple of hours - even the 'cooked on' stuff around the sides comes off!   ;) 

• TaraJ
    TaraJ Member Posts: 50
    Thanks Arpie thats great,  I have ordered some for my air fryer
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,675
    A dear friend asked today if we knew of a recipe for Peanut Brittle.
    I found this link

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/240165/quick-and-easy-peanut-brittle/
  • arpie
    That looks really cool @iserbrown, thank you! .... It actually looks a bit more like Butterscotch than 'toffee' (which I recall as being a tooth breaker when I was younger!). So I bet it is a bit friendlier on our teeth! 

It looks so easy to make, too!!   It could be a great idea for quick & easy Xmas Presents for family & friends - and home made, too - so always really appreciated!!  ;)
  • arpie
    Not a recipe as such - but they can be used in recipes!!   

How to turn your veggie offcuts back into growing your own veg again!

https://www.stockland.com.au/shopping-centres/everyday-ideas/gallery/diy-at-home-veggie-patch
  • arpie
    How is THIS for the best 'snack pack'  idea, when going to the beach!!!  I usually refuse to eat anything when at a beach .... cos sand gets into EVERYTHING ..... 

• June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,926
    Did you use an old tackle box @arpie ?  🤣🤣🤣  Great idea.  Those tradie screw boxes are handy for lots of things.
  • arpie
    I don't go to the beach these days .... so haven't tried it - but it would be perfect for kids' snacks ...

Yes, It is a tackle box - and you can remove the little plastic inserts to make each 'section' as long or short as you want, depending on what you put into the box.
  • Alfie
    Alfie Member Posts: 30
    I can't think of anything either but great ideas.
  • arpie
    This one sounds nice & easy ..... have it with a big green leafy salad ....  Mango Mustard Chicken!  (Use BIG Blobs!)

• arpie
    edited August 13
    oooh ... check this out for a 'smart looking' addition to a swish afternoon tea ...... makes it look like you've done a LOT of work! ;)

(And If you use a rolling pin to flatten the bread bits & cut them 6 times down & across - you get heaps of little squares that are perfect for catching mullet under floats on small hooks. (Fold them in half to make them stay on better.). Great for the grandies! I freeze them in a ziplock bag & take as many as I need if going for mullet. 😉 Great fun on the kayak - and mullet is beautiful to eat, if you know it has been freshly caught & treated well!!)

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1501526403781047

Cinnamon Roll
    Servings: 1

INGREDIENTS
    2 slices white bread
    10g butter

A
    2 tablespoons sugar
    Cinnamon, as needed
    2 teaspoons water

B
    1 tablespoon icing sugar
    1/4 teaspoon water

PREPARATION
    1. With kitchen shears, cut the crust off the bread. Roll the crust and close with a toothpick.
    2. Heat the butter in a pan on medium heat. Cook until both sides are crispy. Remove from the pan.
    3. Heat the sugar, cinnamon (A), and water in the pan until sugar dissolves. Put back (2). Mix icing sugar and water and pour over the crust roll.
    4. Enjoy!

• arpie

This is a REALLY SCRUMMY treat!!   Give it a go!  (Almonds, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, dried coconut slices, sunflower seeds, Dried Cranberries) but you can make your own mix, too.

There is only a thin layer of 'toffee' on the bottom, but enough on top to hold everything together ...

Nut Crunch

260gms (roughly) of mixed nuts and seeds (see pic for nuts & seeds and even some currants) and add

4 tablespoons of maple syrup. 

Mix together. 

Spread on a tray (on baker's paper)

Then bake at 150 degrees for 30 mins. 

Let cool and break into chunks, store in an airtight container when cold. 

• June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,926
    To me a quick and easy tasty meal is a savoury dish - chuck any vegies you have in the oven and roast them !
    My 'usuals' are spuds, onions, red capsicums, garlic, carrots and zucchini.  Yum.  Really, throw in any vegie and hope for the best.  Add a favourite herb and you have a damned good meal to fill any tummy.