Creative Corner!

Options

Comments

• Julez1958
    Julez1958 Member Posts: 1,134
    Options
    Wow - I haven’t looked at this thread for a while - there are some very talented creative types in our midst!
    I have only ever been able to do stick figures but  I do appreciate a good piece of art.’
    Also loved your creative words @melclarity.
  • Cindi
    Cindi Member Posts: 134
    Options
    @Melclarity wow, that is quite amazing, very moving! <3<3
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,507
    Options
    @Julez1958 @Cindi thank you so much for your kind words. Writing again was one of the great things that came out of this experience ;) 
  • HelenlovesSnoopy
    HelenlovesSnoopy Member Posts: 94
    Options
    Mel you said writing again - so were you writing before? What sort of thing may I ask - more poetry, or prose? 
  • melclarity
    Options
    @HelenlovesSnoopy I  have always written poetry but this year I started to dabble in a bit of prose too. A work in progress:) 
  • HelenlovesSnoopy
    HelenlovesSnoopy Member Posts: 94
    edited November 2023
    Options
    I think anyone who can write poetry (ie you!) will be able to write beautiful prose because you have a feel for the rhythm and flow of words. Even non-fiction can be creative and poetic. And you have lots of experience and perspective to draw upon. 
  • melclarity
    Options
    @HelenlovesSnoopy thank you so, for your kind words. You put it into words exactly how I write, I feel the rhythm and flow. I am involved in a worldwide website called allpoetry.com, I've loved it this year for the contests within it plus I've built a repertoire of over 100 now. I love my writing but having to work full time is quite challenging. So every chance I get I'm at it lol. One day I hope to get published, would be really something. The last 10 years I'm sure I could write something very relatable to every person on BCNA ;) Have a great day, big hugs xo
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,611
    Options
    WOW!  Well done, @melclarity!   Re getting published - a lot of people get 'self published' now ..... as you've already done the legwork & got it 'looking good' already - so just a matter of finding someone to put it together into a book & bind it for you  ..... my stepsister has done it with her poems (she is into bush poetry & other sorts too ...)   

Great to see you back - and hope all is going well with you xxx

take care
  • melclarity
    Options
    @arpie thanks! Yes it's just trying to find where to publish, I will get there. I am doing well!! How are you???
  • arpie
    Options
    Going good, thanks Mel xx.  

Just checked out your poetry page - well done YOU !!  xx.  And a Reiki master as well!! I had a reiki session earlier this year & I fell asleep on the table!  ;) 

xx
  • melclarity
    Options
    @arpie glad to hear you're going well! Oh thank you I'm glad you liked it! Awww yes Reiki Master, I don't do in person healings. I specialize in Level II which is absent ;) pretty amazing. I've been doing it for over 20 years. It is time consuming however to do it. Working full time again, is hard juggling so Poetry is more my thing lately ;) xx
  • arpie
    Options
    Do what you need to do, to be true to yourself @melclarity xxxx   SO important xx

• melclarity
    Options
    LOL I love both but just not enough time, so yes I learnt long ago about balance and living absolutely! :) x
  • arpie
    edited November 2023
    Options
    OH MY GOSH .... this is definitely ME!! 

@cranky_granny, @Locksley, @Annie C

• Cindi
    Cindi Member Posts: 134
    Options
    HaHa!!!! so funny! Me too!! one room in my place is a big mess of art stuff :#