Comments

• HelenlovesSnoopy
    HelenlovesSnoopy Member Posts: 94
    Options
    Arpie and Cindi how amazing!!!!
  • HelenlovesSnoopy
    Options
    I’m hoping to learn to paint a watercolour background and then have a pencil layer on the top. 
  • HelenlovesSnoopy
    Options
    Cindi my daughter will go nuts when I show her your doggie portrait. What a lovely gift to your brave cousin 💝 
  • HelenlovesSnoopy
    Options
    Arpie ‘sip and paint’ sounds fun! I guess you didn’t overdo the sipping because your painting looks terrific. 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,592
    edited October 2023
    Options
    You are very kind, @HelenlovesSnoopy - it was TERRIFIC fun, in good company!  hehe the Daiquiris were GORGEOUS - but I limited myself to 2 until after we'd finished!!  ;)  

WOW - we sure have some talented artists on board now!!!   YOUR art is just awesome!! I LOVE your cards!   xx. Looking forward to seeing anything else you have!!

Oh WOW! WELL DONE, @Cindi.... that doggie is wonderful!!!  ;)  I reckon you could get a few commissions from here!!  ;)   People LOVE their dogs & cats - unconditional acceptance & companionship xx

My husband was a self taught artist .... he did some Pointilism drawings too ... all pen & all dots (not one line on them!) They took hundreds of hours to complete. 

Here's a paiting he did of George Gregan & Kiwi Allblack Rokocoko, preventing a match winning try!

from this photo (or similar!)
    How a rugby star swapped sport for coffee shops - BBC News
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,379
    Options
    I did a paint and sip. Hahahahaha. My lion looked kinda like a woolly mammoth. At least you could tell what everyone elses was suppose to be. I had fun though.
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,831
    Options
    Well done @Cindi.  You are talented.  I don't have an artistic bone in my body.  Look forward to more drawings from you.
  • HelenlovesSnoopy
    Options
    @arpie, your hubby’s very clever - I know about pointillism because of a scene in Ferris Bueller’s Day Off 😂
  • Cindi
    Cindi Member Posts: 133
    Options
    Oh wow Helenlovessnoopy I didn't realise you you also did art until I just saw this as I was checking out to leave for hospital !

WOW so good, I love the cards, you could sell them!!

Will talk more when home.

And Arpie your hubby is very talented.

xx
  • arpie
    Options
    Sadly, I lost hubby to cancer 17 months ago :(  His art is all over the house xx

I love this one ..... all coloured pencils ... she looks at you, no matter where you are in the room!  No, it is not me!  ;) 

Check out this piece of art tho - it is AMAZING - make sure you watch to the end! 
    https://www.facebook.com/reel/1508230050013350?mibextid=kcDB8O

• HelenlovesSnoopy
    Options
    I'm really sorry to hear that about your hubby Arpie.  I can see why you want to keep his art all over the house, even though it must be sad it must be kind of lovely as well.  Sending you a lot of hugs.

This picture looks very Irish/Celtic to me, with the green eyes and touches of auburn in her hair.

I think you should keep on painting too - even if just for fun.
  • arpie
    Options
    Thank you xx @HelenlovesSnoopy .... my hair used to be quite 'auburn' - but now is more 'white' ... we don't go 'grey' .... we go white xx.

He was sent to Rhodesia with his twin in the '40s, as a 10 year old and LOVED growing up there .... (ex UK) and his Giraffe painting/drawing (a mix of mediums) with Kilimanjaro in the background (that he never visited!) was amazing.

• HelenlovesSnoopy
    Options
    @arpie, that picture makes me feel so peaceful when I look at it <3

And your hubby was a twin!  Twins are so special (I have twin girls).  

• arpie
    Options
    thank you xxx  It is HUGE & is in our lounge room above the fire place ( I am looking at it now. xx) @HelenlovesSnoopy

Twins are SO special - they always had a 'telepathic' feeling of emotions & problems .... right to the end xx. His brother is a tad fragile just now :( 

My sister has 'non identical' twins .... whilst hubby & brother were identical - but as he continued competing, he remained very 'toned' ... whereas his brother became a tad more 'rotund' .....  but they sounded the SAME - their voices were identical!!   xx