Creative Corner!

Options

Comments

• HelenlovesSnoopy
    HelenlovesSnoopy Member Posts: 94
    Options
    Aw, I have got so used to having my twins but even now sometimes I think what an amazing thing it is.

My girls are 13 and do almost everything together. 

In the early days when we lived in Sydney, an elderly lady came up to me at the shops (I had three toddlers in the trolley, twins plus singleton)and confided that she had recently lost her twin sister. It was sad but sweet that she and her sister remained close through their lives). I hope my girls will always be best friends (along with big sister, who’s quite different in personality but looks a lot like the twins).
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,593
    Options
    Absolutely xx Such a special connection @HelenlovesSnoopy xx.  Sometimes it can be competitive, sometimes almost 'love/hate .... but always loving xx.   Your girls will always be special xx

So sad for the elderly lady .... but she would have LOVED seeing your lovely family xx
  • Cindi
    Cindi Member Posts: 133
    Options
    Oh Arpie, you're hubby was so clever, I'm so sorry for you, it must be very hard for you.
    I love his art. <3<3
    xx
  • Cindi
    Options

• Cindi
    Options
    I did these kittens a few years back.
    I'll post a Sunbear I was sponsoring, he was saved from a tiny cage in Cambodia and rehabilitated by a wonderful organization called Save the Bears.  :)
  • arpie
    Options
    Those are just AWESOME, Cindi xx. You have a good eye!!  (Is one of the kittens the one trying to sit on your chest just now??) ;) 

Loving the art.

• HelenlovesSnoopy
    Options
    My Alice practically fainted at the sight of these pics Cindi. And I remember my girls saving up all their coins for the sun bears at Perth zoo ❤️❤️❤️
  • HelenlovesSnoopy
    Options
    These are animal ones I did years ago. I was trying to illustrate a book but could only really copy from photos and not really illustrate as a dynamic scene, if you know what I mean.

• arpie
    Options
    WOW! Those are great @HelenlovesSnoopy - I love the muted colours!  xx

• Cindi
    Options
    Thanks Arpie,

No Rex the chunky isn't in that drawing, I'll post one I did of him when he was younger.
  • Cindi
    Options
    Helen,

My goodness, you're amazing, you are really talented, I really love these gorgeous pictures you've done.

I also have to draw from photos as trying to draw animals from life is VERY hard because they refuse to stay still!!

Good luck today. <3
    xx
  • HelenlovesSnoopy
    Options
    Thanks Arpie and Cindi ❤️ Certainly lots of fun and inspiration going on here. I do envy you ladies who can knit and sew though - I think I missed the boat on learning those but am certainly reaping the benefits of other people’s lovely work during my cancer journey - eg crochet blanket, zonta cushions, pretty handmade bags for the drains etc. And off to cancer headwear library place next week.
  • HelenlovesSnoopy
    Options
    Mel they are really beautiful.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    edited November 2023
    Options
    We visited the MOVE exhibition at Shepparton recently. Amongst the displays there's a wonderful exhibition showcasing the work of Loel Thomson.
    https://www.moveshepparton.com.au/collection

I was fortunate enough to see these works at the Homestead, including the beautiful timber drawers with hand made lace, many many years ago. The costumes are superb 

https://www.nagambie.com.au/159-noorilim-2/