Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    Smart birdbrains! 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    That is gorgeous, @jennyss - I love willy wagtails

• Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    @jennyss
    Now that is clever. Under your carport they are safe from bigger birds.

Last year, a pair of willy wagtails nested in one of our poinciana trees quite low, at eye height. They trusted us so much that there was no problem peeking in the nest and watching the babes grow.

Unfortunately just before the babes were due to leave the nest a Channel Bill raided and both babies were gone. It was heart breaking.

This year the parents have wised up and made a nest under the eaves of the shed. The overhanging eaves prevent any marauding bird from access. 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Was it you @Annie C who told me that if you see a willy wagtail approaching they're trying to tell you a secret?
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    @kmakm

No, not me. I think it was @kitkatb
  • kitkatb
    kitkatb Member Posts: 442
    Hi @kmakm and @Annie C      Yes It was me.  Willy wagtails are the teller of secrets.   Hope all good with you both.  Haven't been on here for a while. Up to 3 full days work a week and contemplating a 4th at the end of this month.  It's definitely a struggle with the fatigue is the biggest hurdle like many on this site.  life is not the same but blessed I'm still here for sure.  A big Hi  to all on this site who I have got to know this last year will be popping in from time to time.  Hugs  xox
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Lovely to hear from you @kitkatb! Good to hear you're working, and despite the fatigue, are up for more. Take care, K xox
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,951
    We live at the edge of a rural village. The front yard is not fenced, and this hungry kangaroo was hoping for some green grass near the house this morning. You can see the roo poo! On our north verandah I am watering some pots including these petunias and lemonade tree with shower and washing water. Here's hoping we will get some rain later this  week. Maybe even enough  to put some fires out. Best wishes to all from Western NSW.

• jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,951
    Dear @Annie C, Good wet Kimberley news with lightning bolts thrown in!
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    @Annie C That is @jennyss garden, not mine. But hey, I’ll take the credit thank you.
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    Ah Annie. At least you had it to lose. My girls say I never had it to begin with.