The Secret Suckiness Of Life After Breast Cancer

Options

Comments

• Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    I happy to be alive but hate that I’m broken and that the most basic things (like sleep) that I used to take for granted are now a daily struggle. I also hate that people think I’m fine now and can just carry on as normal. That is prompting me to potentially look at a career change. 

Morning whinge over!!  Like I said in Night Howls - tired and grumpy. 
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,375
    Options
    I hear you kiwi angel. Big hugs
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @Blossom1961 big hugs right back xo
  • StarGirl
    StarGirl Member Posts: 135
    Options
    She totally nailed it. I am still struggling to accept that ‘before’ me is gone . . . Forever
  • ~Millie~
    ~Millie~ Member Posts: 61
    Options
    yep, hugs to everyone xxx
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Oh lordy, me too @StarGirl. I can't get any part of my psyche round the fact that I'll never go back to 'normal'.
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    Options
    Normal?

Well no one's normal up here, but gees I would like to go back to the abnormal I was before!

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,375
    Options
    @Zoffiel I have gone to ground this afternoon. Not sure why, just leave me alone.
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    I guess we can be grateful for the chance to opt out every now and then @sister. Small compensation for having to drag our ragged arses through endless days when we have no choice but to perform. I'm wagging work this arvo  too. I got heaps done between 3 am and 10 then a bit more after yoga.  If I submit it in an hour or so it will look like I've done a 'normal' days work instead of keeping mad fucking witch hours. The joys of having a home office.
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    The secret suckiness of your body not understanding what your brain wants it to do. 
    Sorry for yet another yoga story, but that practice is my safe testing ground; if I topple over on my mat it's not the same problem as me falling while bush walking or doing other unfrogiving stuff..
    I can not make my legs obey orders like rise from a knee lunge to my toes. I seem to have lost all my 'spring'. I can walk up and down stairs that are a regular height, but if I have to push up over 600mm, it's knuckles on the ground and clumsy bum bumps before i get my feet back under myself. Now I've 'forgotten' how to do push ups. I could comfortably do dozen twelve months ago. Now my brain is not sending the right instructions. Maddening when I can bench press close to my body weight.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    I have to think about standing up rather than just doing it and it pisses me off!  And getting up from a crouch - well that's just a joke.
  • Kiwi Angel
    edited February 2019
    Options
    @Zoffiel @Sister I’m the same as u with the whole lunge strength thing with my thighs. God forbid if I crouch down - normally I have to grab something to help me up. When we do lunges in Pilates I’m scared to stretch too far as I don’t know if I’ll get back up!!