Music: what song you are listening to...invites and answers the question ‘how are you’

Options

Comments

• Tasia
    Tasia Member Posts: 126
    Options
    @Jwrenn - the power music and lyrics hold, they can transfer you to deeply moving places x

• poodlejules
    poodlejules Member Posts: 393
    Options
    @Tasia I only know him through Youtube too. I searched for local groups near me but couldn't find any so I stick with him and Yoqi on Youtube
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,959
    Options
    Dear Music Lovers,
    I have just spent a lovely 10 minutes reading all the posts on this thread - what a range of songs! Got me smiling, humming and bobbing up and down while sitting at the computer. 
    For fans of 1960's rock - look on Youtube for ' Mix - Small Faces - Tin Soldier (good quality) ' - tell me what you think!
  • Jen2019
    Jen2019 Member Posts: 26
    Options
    Lately, I have been dancing (what I mean by that is shaking my shoulder gently lol) in the bathroom with Bonnie Tyler "I need a hero"  and "Boogie Woogie Dancing Shoes" by Claudja Barry while looking at my thinning hair and rubbing lotion on my scars..love love my disco :)
  • Tasia
    Options
    Have been listening to the Chris Rea best of (youtube) ʻAs long as I have your loveʻ has a pick-me-up beat :-)
  • Jen2019
    Jen2019 Member Posts: 26
    Options
    @Tasia,

I like Chris Rea too "Fool if you think is over" and the appropriate for the season "Driving Home for Christmas. Makes me remember my childhood.
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,831
    Options
    Any Leonard Cohen is my choice, particularly as he got older (RIP Lennie) 
  • Tasia
    Options
    @June1952 - Ditto re older. I felt the same about Sean Connery, didnʻt like him when he was younger yet as he developed the ʻdistinguishedʻ look, he became my choice lol x
  • Tasia
    Options
    I recently discovered a band called Ghostly Kisses (Indie music - Margaux Sauvé is a French-Canadian). 

One of the musical instruments I fall victim to is the violin :)
  • Caz1
    Caz1 Member Posts: 382
    edited January 2021
    Options
    @poodlejules I’m with you, I have Taylor Swifts Folklore on repeat.
    I find it so soothing , it got me through last years lockdown :)
    Have started listening to her new album Evermore which seems good as well
    #swifty

But I like all sorts of music, tonight I was grooving to KC and the sunshine bands “shake shake shake” in my kitchen :D
    My kids just ignore me now haha 
  • poodlejules
    poodlejules Member Posts: 393
    Options
    Thanks for the tip about the new #swifty album @Caz1 , I'll check it out!  B)
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    On New Year’s Eve, I watched the doco The Band : Last Waltz, a good start to an uncertain year. I have always loved The Weight, don’t really understand the words but it invariably makes me feel good! 
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,536
    Options
    I love that song @Zoffiel 👌🏻😊